Afnan Afnan is a PhD student at University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), in Information and Decision Sciences department. Her research interests include health information technology (electronic medical/health record systems), user satisfaction, healthcare social network, information sensitivity, and unintended consequences of technology use. Afnan received highest academic degrees: MM in technology from the University of Melbourne - Australia, and MSc in computing from the University of Manchester -UK. She has received the Humanitarian Service Award from the office of Illinois Secretary of State. She has presented her papers in AMCIS and ICIS conferences. She is a member of ACM and AIS.
Research & Publications
- Healthcare social network
- Information sensitivity
- Health information technology
- User satisfaction
- Unintended consequences of technology
Research and Publication
Conference Proceedings and Presentations
- Afnan, A., and C Ranganathan. 2015. “Factors Associated with HER User Satisfaction in Small Clinic Settings,” in Proceedings of 2015 International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Fort Worth, TX.
- Afnan, A., and C Ranganathan. 2013. “Development of a Change Readiness Scale for Electronic Medical Record Systems Implementation at Hospitals,” in Proceedings of the Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Chicago, IL. 19
- C. Ranganathan, and Afnan, A. 2012. “Effective Implementation of Electronic Medical Record Systems: Insights from a Longitudinal Case Study,” in Proceedings of the 18 Seattle, WA.
Research in Progress
- Afnan, A. and C. Ranganathan. “Information Sensitivity in the Context of Healthcare Social Networks,” unpublished paper.
- Afnan, A. “Political Engagement in Social Networking Sites,” unpublished paper.
- Afnan, A. “Barriers and Facilitators to Personal Health Record Adoption – A Study of Healthcare Actors’ Involvement in the Adoption,” unpublished paper.