Rice University, Jones Graduate School of Business, 2013-2015
Arizona State University, W.P. Carey School of Business, 2009-2015
Research & Publications
- Managerial Accounting
- Incentive Compensation
- Non-financial Performance Measures
- Brown, J., Drake, K. and Martin, M.: "Compensation in the Post-FIN 48 Period: The Case of Contracting on Tax Performance and Uncertainty " Contemporary Accounting Research
- Chen, X., Martin, M. and Merchant, K.: "The Effect of Measurement Timing on the Information Content of Customer Satisfaction Measures" Management Accounting Research
- Reilly, G., Nyberg, A., Maltarich, M., and Martin, M.:"Compensation Strategy: The Role of Threshold and Forgiveness in Pay-for-Performance Systems" (Revise and resubmit at Academy of Management Journal)
- Drake, K. and Martin, M.:"Executive Compensation a Firm Life Cycle Analysis"
- Drake, K. and Martin, M.:"Relative Performance Evaluation: The Role of Life Cycle Peers"
- Shaw, J. and Martin, M.: "The Effect of Organization Level Variables on Individual Incentives: The Case of Pay Dispersion"
- Cadmand, B., Carter, M.E., and Martin, M.: "Who sets price in the labor market: The case of dynamic CEOs"
Institute of Management Accountants, 2007, to support research on the impact of economic
assumptions on incentive system effectiveness.