Research & Publications
- Managerial Accounting
- Incentive Compensation
- Non-financial Performance Measures
Abdusalam, D., Reilly, G., Nyberg, A., Maltarich, M., and Martin, M.:"Pay-For-Performance, Sometimes: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Integrating Economic Rationality with Psychological Emotion to Predict Individual Performance" Academy of Management Journal, 2017
Brown, J., Drake, K. and Martin, M.: "Compensation in the Post-FIN 48 Period: The Case of Contracting on Tax Performance and Uncertainty " Contemporary Accounting Research, 2016
- Chen, X., Martin, M. and Merchant, K.: "The Effect of Measurement Timing on the Information Content of Customer Satisfaction Measures" Management Accounting Research, 2014
- Drake, K. and Martin, M.:"Executive Compensation a Firm Life Cycle Analysis"
- Drake, K. and Martin, M.:"Relative Performance Evaluation: The Role of Life Cycle Peers"
- Drake, K. Engel, E., and Martin, M.: "Money for nothing? Using loss persistence information from tax accounts to examine bonus compensation in loss-making firms"
- Carter, M.E., Lynch, L., and Martin, M.: "Compensation committee attribute and the treatment of earnings in incentive pay"
- Larocque, S., Martin, M., and Walther, B.: "Analysts’ use of proxy statement compensation disclosures"
- Abdusalam, D., Reilly, G., Nyberg, A., Maltarich, M., and Martin, M.:"Unintended Consequences of Pay-For-No-Performance: The Role of Individual Pay Decisions on Unit Performance and the Reactions of Human Capital Resources"
Institute of Management Accountants, 2007, to support research on the impact of economic
assumptions on incentive system effectiveness.