Current Student Resources
Log in below to access your student portal using your NetID and Password
Info for Non-CBA UIC Students
Minor Form for Students Not in CBA
Use this form to apply for all Minors in the College of Business Administration.
German with a Business Minor
Majors in Engineering Management or Industrial Engineering
If you are in the majoring in German and enrolled as a business minor, or if you are majoring in industrial engineering or engineering management, please request permission to register for your required business classes by submitting the appropriate form online below. We will respond to you promptly by email with permission to register.
Waitlists for Non-CBA Students
Current students can locate all of their information in the Insight student portal. There is a separate portal for undergraduates, Liautaud students and CMBA students. See below and login using your NetID and password to:
- access advising appointments
- view upcoming student events
- see announcements for the Business Career Center
- keep track of academic deadlines
- access major maps and curriculum planners
Mandatory Advising for Accounting Majors
Mandatory advising is required for all accounting majors taking Accounting 211 courses and up
A registration hold will be put on your account. This hold will prevent you from registering for Spring 2014 classes until the Department of Accounting releases your hold.
Advising for accounting majors is for one week only:
Advising week begins Monday, October 21st, 2013 through Friday, October 25th, 2013
You can find out the name of your faculty adviser from the notice-boards outside the Accounting department office (2305 UH) posted as of Monday, October 14, 2013.
Please note: Appointments cannot be made over the phone and must be made at least 48 hours in advance. Accounting Faculty Advisers set their own advising days and hours for advising week. You can make an advising appointment with your assigned accounting faculty adviser by signing up on the appointment schedule posted on your adviser’s door. Advising appointments are approximately 10 minutes long.
You are responsible for the following:
1. Sign up for an appointment on your Accounting adviser’s door located on the 23rd floor of UH, beginning Monday, October 14, 2013.
2. Get an Advising Hold Release Form. This form is available here for download , or you may obtain it outside room 2305 UH. Make sure the your adviser signs and dates the Advising Hold Release Form.
3. Please turn in your Advising Hold Release Form signed by your adviser to the Accounting Department room 2305 UH. Your hold will be released within a three to four business days. If this form is not turned in with your UIN, we have no way of knowing that you were advised and your hold will not be removed.
4. Check your account to make sure that the advising hold has been taken off.
We in the Department of Accounting feel that by talking to a dedicated Accounting faculty member every term will benefit you immensely. Whatever problems you have, your adviser will act as your mentor and be your advocate while you are here. Common topics and issues that you can discuss include courses to be taken, planning of the program, internships, job search and firm contacts, masters programs, professional certification and general business careers, or any difficulties you might have with your Accounting courses.
Classes at UIC fill up fast so you must plan to register as soon as you are eligible to register. To accomplish this it is imperative that you clear your Accounting advising hold during advising week.
Some of the links you should check before coming for advising are: The Prerequisite Chart for Undergraduate Accounting courses Degree Requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Accounting