Professor and Associate Dean of BBA Programs
Department of Managerial Studies
University Hall 2200
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607
Office Phone Voice:
- Professor of Strategic Management, UIC 2000-present
- Associate Professor of Strategic Management, Arizona State, 1993-2000
- Assistant Professor of Business and Policy, Texas A&M University, 1987-1993
- Business Ethics
- Strategic Management
- Sustainability Management
Awards & Affiliations
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC) Academic Leadership Program 2003-04.
- Khalili, N., W. Cheng and A. McWilliams (2017) A Methodological Approach for the Design of Sustainability Initiatives: In Pursuit of Sustainable Transition in China, Sustainability Science, 12: 933-956, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11625-017-0463-z.
- McWilliams, A, A. Parhankangas, J. Coupet, E. Welch, and D. Barnum, (2016) Strategic Decision Making for the Triple Bottom Line, Business Strategy and the Environment, 25: 193-204, http://doi.org/10.1002/bse.1867.
- McWilliams, A., editor, The Economics of Corporate Social Responsibility, (2015) Edward Elgar Publishing, UK, https://lccn.loc.gov/2014947037.
- Crane, A., A. McWilliams, D. Matten, J. Moon and D. Siegel, editors (2008) The Oxford Handbook of Corporate Social Responsibility, Oxford University Press, UK, https://lccn.loc.gov/2007041266.
- McWilliams, A., R. Shrader and D.D. Van Fleet (2016) Rethinking the Base of the Pyramid: Social Responsibility, Sustainability and the Role of Entrepreneurs: 13-32, in Guerber, A., G. Markman and S. Su, (ed.), The World Scientific Reference on Entrepreneurship, Volume 3: Sustainability, Ethics and Entrepreneurship, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, https://lccn.loc.gov/2015033822.
PhD in Economics, The Ohio State University, 1987
Master's of Arts in Economics, The Ohio State University, 1984
BS in Business Administration, The Ohio State University, 1982, summa cum laude