Department of Managerial Studies
University Hall 2223
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607
Office Phone Voice:
- Associate Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago, since 2016
- Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2010-2016
- Assistant Professor, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2006-2010
- New Product Development
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Strategy
- Research Methods
- Innovation and new product development
- Marketing partnerships
- Marketing strategy
Awards & Affiliations
- 2015 Best Paper Honorable Mention Award, Journal of Service Research special issue on Transformative Service Research
- 2014, 2011 Conference Best Paper Award, PDMA Research Form
- 2013 Best Reviewer Award, 2013 PDMA Research Form
- 2010 Winner, PDMA Research Competition
- 2007 Best paper award in the track of Marketing Strategy and New Product Development, Academy of Marketing Conference
- Cui, Anna Shaojie and Fang Wu, “The Impact of Customer Involvement on New Product Development: Contingent and Substitutive Effects.” Forthcoming at Journal of Product Innovation Management.
- Cui, Anna Shaojie and Fang Wu (2016), “Utilizing Customer Knowledge in Innovation: Antecedents and Impact of Customer Involvement on New Product Outcomes,” Journal of Academy of Marketing Science, 44(4), 516-538.
- Zhang, Haisu, Fang Wu and Anna Shaojie Cui (2015), “Market Learning Mechanisms and New Product Development Performance: The Moderating Role of Customer Need Tacitness,” International Journal of Research in Marketing, 32(3), 297-308.
- Spanjol, Jelena, Anna Shaojie Cui, Stephanie Crawford, Cheryl Nakata, Lisa K. Sharp and Mary Beth Watson-Manheim (2015), “Service Co-Production of Prolonged, Complex, and Negative Services: An Examination of Medication Adherence in Chronically Ill Individuals,” Journal of Service Research, 18(3), 284-302. Best Paper Honorable Mention Award.
- Cui, Anna Shaojie, Kwong Chan and Roger Calantone (2014), “The Learning Zone in New Product Development”, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management 61(4), 690-701.
- Cui, Anna Shaojie and Shyam Kumar (2013), “Advancing Multilevel Alliance Research: Rejoinder to Commentary on Cui and Kumar (2012) and Future Directions”, Journal of Business Research 66(5), 662-664.
- Cui, Anna Shaojie (2013), “Portfolio Dynamics and Alliance Termination: The Contingent Role of Resource Dissimilarity,” Journal of Marketing 77(3), 15-32.
- Cui, Anna Shaojie and Gina O’Connor (2012), “Alliance Portfolio Resource Diversity and Firm Innovation,” Journal of Marketing, 76(4), 24-43.
- Cui, Anna Shaojie and Shyam Kumar (2012), “The Termination of Exploration and Exploitation Joint Ventures: The Impact of Uncertainty, Parent Firm Performance, and Joint Venture Characteristics”, Journal of Business Research, 65(8), 1202-1208.
- Cui, Anna Shaojie., Roger J. Calantone and David Griffith (2011), “Strategic Change and Termination of Interfirm Partnerships”, Strategic Management Journal, 32 (4), 402-423.
- Cui, Anna Shaojie, Meng Zhao and T. Ravichandran (2011), “Market Uncertainty and Dynamic New Product Launch Strategies: A Systems Dynamics Model”, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 58(3), 530-550.
- Calantone, Roger J., Kwong Chan and Anna Shaojie Cui (2006), “Decomposing Product Innovativeness and Its Effects upon New Product Success”, Journal of Product Innovation Management, 23(5), P. 408.
PhD in Marketing, Michigan State University, 2006
MS in Finance, The Graduate School of the People's Bank of China, 1999
BS in Finance, Remin University, 1996