Department of Finance
2111 University Hall
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607
Office Phone Voice:
- Associate Professor of Finance, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2017-
- Associate Professor of Finance, University of Oklahoma, 2016-2017
- Assistant Professor of Finance, University of Oklahoma, 2009-2016
- Multinational Corporate Finance
Awards & Affiliations
- Spring 2016: Merrick Foundation Teaching Award
- Spring 2015: Houston and Mary Jo Johnson Master Teacher Award.
- Fall 2007: Stephen L. Hawk Fellowship, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 1997: 1st Prize Norwegian Youth Science Competition
Research & Publications
- ”Diversification and Cash Dynamics” (with Tiantian Gu), 2017, Journal of Financial Economics 3, 580-601.
- “The Causal Effect of Option Pay on Corporate Risk Management” (with Hamed Mahmudi, Chitru Fernando and Jesus Salas), 2016, Journal of Financial Economics 120, 623-643.
- “The Real Effects of Market Liquidity: Causal Evidence from Delisting” (with Toni Whited and Candace Jens), 2013, Finance Research Letters 9, 183-193.
- “Threshold Events and Identification: A Study of Cash Shortfalls” (with Toni Whited), 2012, Journal of Finance 25, 1286-1329.
- “Which Firms Follow the Market? An Analysis of Corporate Investment Decisions” (with Toni Whited), 2010, Review of Financial Studies 23, 1941-1980.
Licensures and Certifications
Ph.D., Finance, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2009
B.A., Mathematics, University of Oslo, 2003
B.A., Finance and Real Estate, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2001