Department of Information and Decision Sciences
Office Phone Voice:
- Research Staff Member - IBM Research Almaden Labs (2014-2015)
- Intern - Microsoft Research (Summer 2012, Summer 2013)
- Intern - Avaya Research Labs (Summer 2011)
- IDS 561 - Big Data Analytics
My research interests are in the area of Social Computing, Machine Learning and Human-Computer Interaction (HCI). Specifically, my interdisciplinary research work focuses on analyzing and predicting large-scale, time-varying, heterogeneous human behaviors manifested in their online footprints at both individual and collective levels. My current and past projects include characterizing the effect of social media sharing for crowdfunding campaigns, and understanding and predicting people’s behaviors, sentiments and engagement with public events and life events.
Awards & Afilliations
- Best Paper Nomination at CHI-13
- Letter of Commendation - From the President of Arizona State University
My work has been featured in WIRED, ABC, PBS, The Seattle Times, FastCompany, Computer Magazine, ASU news, Neowin, etc.
PhD - Arizona State University (2014)