MBA Program Minimum Requirements for GMAT/GRE Waiver Consideration
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, UIC Business is temporarily waiving the GRE/GMAT requirement for the Spring 2021, Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 terms for MBA applicants who have at least two years of full-time professional work experience after completion of a bachelor’s degree. MBA applicants who completed their bachelor’s degree less than one year before their intended MBA start date or who have less than two years of professional work experience and who wish to be considered for a waiver must submit the form below to be assessed for readiness for MBA program admission consideration. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Waivers will not be granted for students who have already taken the exam. Requests must be submitted at least one month in advance of the deadline for the term to which you are seeking admission. Requests received less than one month before the deadline may not be considered.
For MBA applicants with considerable work experience or who have already completed an advanced degree, UIC Business accepts petitions for a GMAT or GRE waiver. Each request will be carefully considered by our admissions committee with recommendations being referred to the Director of Graduate Studies for approval. Applicants must submit their official petition and supporting documentation corresponding to the waiver criteria listed below, in addition to resume, academic transcripts and/or certificate of degree. Visit Graduate Admissions for deadlines.
Work Experience and Advanced Degree Waivers
Work Experience Waiver
Competitive candidates are those who, following the completion of a bachelor’s degree, have a minimum of five years of full-time, progressive, professional quantitative work experience demonstrating managerial responsibilities. Applicants who do not have a quantitative background, but who have taken additional coursework (i.e. statistics or calculus), should include this information in their petition. Applicants who base their requests on work experience must include a resume, transcripts, and a detailed written description of quantitative and analytic experiences and skills, as well as a letter from a current or former direct supervisor who can attest to the skills and duration of employment. The description should address career trajectory, advancements and promotions, and should not exceed 500 words.
Advanced Degree Waiver
Competitive candidates meet one of the listed criteria:
- Applicants who hold a professional certification (e.g., CPA, CFA, CMA, CIA, or CFP) with evidence of significant quantitative course work (i.e. statistics, economics, financial accounting, or engineering) and grades of B or better.
- A completed JD, MD, PhD or other terminal degree requiring quantitative course work from an accredited United States university.
- A quantitative-based master’s degree, such as a degree in accounting, applied mathematics, engineering, finance, or statistics, with a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- LSAT Score of 160 or higher and an undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
- Successful completion of all parts to the CPA exam and an undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
- Successful completion of all parts to the PE exam and an undergraduate degree from an accredited university.