Professor and Associate Dean of BBA Programs
Department of Managerial Studies
Building & Room:
University Hall 2200
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607
- Professor of Strategic Management, UIC 2000-present
- Associate Professor of Strategic Management, Arizona State, 1993-2000
- Assistant Professor of Business and Policy, Texas A&M University, 1987-1993
- Business Ethics
- Strategic Management
- Sustainability Management
- Khalili, N., W. Cheng and A. McWilliams (2017) A Methodological Approach for the Design of Sustainability Initiatives: In Pursuit of Sustainable Transition in China, Sustainability Science, 12: 933-956, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11625-017-0463-z.
- McWilliams, A, A. Parhankangas, J. Coupet, E. Welch, and D. Barnum, (2016) Strategic Decision Making for the Triple Bottom Line, Business Strategy and the Environment, 25: 193-204, http://doi.org/10.1002/bse.1867.
- McWilliams, A., editor, The Economics of Corporate Social Responsibility, (2015) Edward Elgar Publishing, UK, https://lccn.loc.gov/2014947037.
- Crane, A., A. McWilliams, D. Matten, J. Moon and D. Siegel, editors (2008) The Oxford Handbook of Corporate Social Responsibility, Oxford University Press, UK, https://lccn.loc.gov/2007041266.
- McWilliams, A., R. Shrader and D.D. Van Fleet (2016) Rethinking the Base of the Pyramid: Social Responsibility, Sustainability and the Role of Entrepreneurs: 13-32, in Guerber, A., G. Markman and S. Su, (ed.), The World Scientific Reference on Entrepreneurship, Volume 3: Sustainability, Ethics and Entrepreneurship, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, https://lccn.loc.gov/2015033822.
2003-04, Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC) , Academic Leadership Program
PhD in Economics, The Ohio State University, 1987
Master's of Arts in Economics, The Ohio State University, 1984
BS in Business Administration, The Ohio State University, 1982, summa cum laude