Professor and Associate Dean of BBA Programs
Department of Managerial Studies
Building & Room:
University Hall 2200
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607
- Professor of Strategic Management, UIC 2000-present
- Associate Professor of Strategic Management, Arizona State, 1993-2000
- Assistant Professor of Business and Policy, Texas A&M University, 1987-1993
- Business Ethics
- Strategic Management
- Sustainability Management
McWilliams, A. (2020) “Corporate Social Responsibility,” The Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Business and Management, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK. (book chapter)
McWilliams, A., D. Rupp, D. Siegel, G. Stahl and D. Waldman, 2019, The Oxford Handbook of Corporate Social Responsibility: Psychological and Organizational Perspectives, Oxford, University Press, Oxford, UK (edited volume).
Khalili, N., W. Cheng and A. McWilliams (2017) “A Methodological Approach for the Design of Sustainability Initiatives: In Pursuit of Sustainable Transition in China,” Sustainability Science, 12: 933-956.
McWilliams, A, A. Parhankangas, J. Coupet, E. Welch, and D. Barnum (2016) “Strategic Decision Making for the Triple Bottom Line,” Business Strategy and the Environment, 25: 193-204.
McWilliams, A., R. Shrader and D.D. Van Fleet (2016) Rethinking the Base of the Pyramid: Social Responsibility, Sustainability and the Role of Entrepreneurs: 13-32, in Guerber, A., G. Markman and S. Su, (ed.), “The World Scientific Reference on Entrepreneurship,” Volume 3: Sustainability, Ethics and Entrepreneurship, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore.
Service to Community
- Member, Chancellor's Committee on Sustainability and Energy, 2017-2021
PhD in Economics, The Ohio State University, 1987
Master's of Arts in Economics, The Ohio State University, 1984
BS in Business Administration, The Ohio State University, 1982, summa cum laude
- Strategic Management Society
- Academy of Management
- A. McWilliams (2020) "One Style Does Not Fit All: The Role of Backer Characteristics and Language in Crowfunding Success of Women and Social Entrepreneurs, Sustainability, Ethics & Entrepreneurship annual conference," Peurto Rico, with A. Parhankangas and M. Renko
- A. McWilliams (2019) "The Impact of Gender-Specific Linguistic Style on Crowdfunding Outcomes," Academy of Management, Boston, with A. Parankangas and M. Renko
- A. McWilliams (2018) "He Says, She Says, annual Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference," Waterford, Ireland, with A. Parankangas and M. Renko
Research Currently in Progress
- Barnum, D., J. Coupet, J. Gleason, A. McWilliams, and A. Parhankangas, "Bias in transportation efficiency estimates caused by misspecified DEA models," Submitted to Research in Transportation Economics (Dec. 2019).
- Parhankangas, A., M. Renko and A. McWilliams, "He says, she says: The Implications of Gender-Specific Linguistic Features on Crowdfunding Outcomes," working paper.
- McWilliams, A. and D. D. Van Fleet, "Who’s Talking to Whom in the field of Agribusiness," working paper.