Doctoral Student in Business Administration: Human Resource Management
Department of Managerial Studies
- Calling (career as a calling)
- Servant leadership
- Women's careers
Buis, B. C., Ferguson, A. J., & Briscoe, J. P. (2019). “Finding the ‘I’ in ‘Team’: The role of groups in an individual’s pursuit of calling.” Journal of Vocational Behavior, 114, 88-99.
2018 - Present, UIC Business Doctoral Fellowship, University of Illinois at Chicago
2018, Doctoral Institute Scholarship, Management & Organizational Behavior Teaching Society
2017, Most Valuable Professor Award, Northern Illinois University
2016, NIU Athletics Most Valuable Professor Award, Northern Illinois University
PhD in Business Administration, Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management, University of Illinois at Chicago (expected 2023)
Master of Business Administration, Managerial Leadership, Northern Illinois University
Bachelor of Science in Management, Organizational Management/Leadership, Northern Illinois University
- Buis, B.C. & Fan, Y. (2019, October). "Lead Me, Guide Me: The role of servant leadership on the relationship between perceiving and living a calling." Paper presented at the Southern Management Association annual conference, Norfolk, VA.
- Michel, E.J., Hall, K.L., Buis, B.C., Leon, M.R., Pugh, H.B., Good, D.J., Qi, J. (2019, September). "Service leader behavior: Unit vs. individual level effects." Presented at the Journal of Service Research Interdisciplinary Forum on Innovations in Service Management, Naperville, IL.
- Briscoe, J.P. & Buis, B.C. (2019, August). "Purposeful Sustaining: The role of purpose and relational leadership in the sustainable career." Paper presented at the Academy of Management annual conference, Boston, MA.
- Buis, B.C. (2019, June). "The Glass Elevator: A motivated empathic approach to developing an elevator pitch." Paper presented at the Management & Organizational Behavior Teaching Society annual conference, Mahwah, NJ.
- Buis, B.C., Ferguson, A.J., & Briscoe, J.P. (2018, August). "Finding the 'I' in 'Team': The role of groups in an individual's pursuit of calling." Paper presented at the Academy of Management annual conference, Chicago, IL.
- Management & Organizational Behavior Teaching Society Doctoral Institute (2018, June). "Stop, start, continue: Self-care for your best professional self." Presented at the Management & Organizational Behavior Teaching Society annual conference, Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Briscoe, J.P., Ferguson, A.J., Buis, B.C. (2018, March). "The role of group context in driving and sustaining individual career callings: Propositions for research and practice." Presented at the Latin American and European Organization Studies (LAEMOS) 2018 biennial conference, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Buis, B.C., Ferguson, A.J., & Briscoe, J.P. (2017, October). "Integrating work teams with the experience of calling: How an individual realizes clarity of calling through others." Paper presented at the Journal of Vocational Behavior: Special Issue Mini-Conference on Calling and Careers: New Insights and Future Directions, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Buis, B.C. & Briscoe, J.P. (2017, June). "Eliciting career insight through classroom interventions." Presented at the Organizational Behavior Teaching Society annual conference, Providence, RI.