Clinical Associate Professor and Director of Managerial Communications Group
Department of Marketing
Building & Room:
University Hall 2525
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607
- Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Marketing (formerly Department of Managerial Studies), College of Business Administration, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1997-present.
- Director, Managerial Communications Program, 2004-present.
- Coordinator, College of Business Assessment of Student Learning, 2013-present.
- Lecturer, Department of English and Linguistics, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1990-1997.
- Senior Consultant, Amoco Corporation, Chicago, 1993-1998.
- Managerial Communication
- Advanced Managerial Communication
- Writing for Corporate Organizations
- Business Communication (MBA Program)
- Business communication
- Cross-cultural communication
- Company and industry research
- International business
- Language teaching
- Wang, J. (2016). Ensuring Interest and Preparation for Case Analysis Reports. Business and Professional Communication Quarterly, 79(2).
- Wang, J. (2013). Researching Locally Based Companies. Business and Professional Communication Quarterly, 76(3).
2019, Excellence in Teaching Award, UIC Business, University of Illinois at Chicago
2013 - 2014, Excellence in Service Award, Department of Managerial Studies, University of Illinois at Chicago
2012 - 2013, Excellence in Teaching Award, Department of Managerial Studies, University of Illinois at Chicago
1988 - 1989, 1989 - 1990, Robert A. Caldwell Award for Academic Excellence, University of North Dakota
Ph.D. in English and Linguistics, University of North Dakota, 1990.
MA in linguistics, University of North Dakota, 1984.
BA in English language and literature, Lanzhou University, 1982.
Licensures and Certifications
Passed Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) research analyst and principal qualification examinations:
- Series 7 (General Securities Representative Exam)
- Series 24 (General Securities Principal Exam)
- Series 63 (Uniform Securities Agent State Law Exam)
- Series 87 (Research Analyst Exam)