Doctoral Student in Business Administration: Marketing Emphasis
Department of Marketing
Building & Room:
University Hall 2228
601 S. Morgan St.
- Marketing strategy
- Innovation and new products
- Product recalls
- Private label products
- Marketing and public policy
CTSA-ITM, Core Subsidies Funding, Team Recipient
National Science Foundation, I-Corps Program Award, Team Recipient
- Matsumoto, Kohei and Kazuhiro Mishina (2016). Chapters 2-5 in Kazuhiro Mishina and the Sensor Workshop. Sensor Network Koso (in Japanese). Tokyo: Toyo Keizai, pp. 35-212.
2021, 2nd Place, Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Competition, Product Development and Management Association (PDMA)
2021, Doctoral Student Grant, AMA HigherEd SIG
2019, Overseas Study Award, Japan Student Services Organization
2015, Scholarship Award, Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
2015, 47th St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award, St. Gallen Symposium
MA in Public Policy with Certificate in Research Methods, the University of Chicago, 2016
MA in Business Administration, Kobe University, 2015
BA in Business Administration, Kobe University, 2012
- Matsumoto, Kohei, Anna Shaojie Cui, and Alan J. Malter “The impact of competitors’ product recalls on innovation: The role of competitor orientation and recalling firm diversity.” 2021 JPIM Research Forum, Baltimore, November 2021.
- Matsumoto, Kohei, Anna Shaojie Cui, and Alan J. Malter “The effect of product recall by competitors on innovation.” 2021 AMA Summer Academic Conference, Boston (virtual), August 2021.
- Matsumoto, Kohei, Anna Shaojie Cui, and Alan J. Malter “Firm response to competitors’ product recall: Learning and competition effects.” AMA Summer Academic Conference, San Francisco (virtual), August 2020.
- Matsumoto, Kohei, Benet DeBerry-Spence, Lez Trujillo Torres, Rumela Sengupta, and Jia Chen “The role of corporate CEOs in public discourse between 1992-2017.” AMA Summer Academic Conference, Chicago, August 2019.
- Sengupta, Rumela, Jia Chen, Benet DeBerry-Spence, Lez Trujillo Torres, and Kohei Matsumoto “How marketing academia contributes to creating a better world.” AMA Summer Academic Conference, Chicago, August 2019.
- Matsumoto, Kohei “The role of star scientists to expand the social network of non-star scientists.” JPIM Research Forum, Chicago, November 2018.