Doctoral Student in Business Administration: Marketing Emphasis
Lagnajita, is a fifth-year doctoral student in Marketing at University of University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). She is interested in the study of consumer emotions and identities. Using an experimental approach, her dissertation explores the impact of envy on consumption and the associated antecedents. Her other projects include work on consumer embarrassment, nostalgia and bragging. Lagnajita is also interested in how people engage with social media platforms for image management, emotion regulation and participation in access-based consumption. Other than consumer-emotion, she has also worked on projects exploring intra-group dynamics and consumer involvement in product development. Prior to joining the doctoral program at UIC, she received a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from University of Calcutta and a Master’s degree in Cognitive Science from University of Allahabad in India.
1) Consumer Emotions,
2) Digital/Social Media Marketing,
3) Strategic Decision Making
1) Consumer Behavior, Undergraduate (Spring 2018, Spring 2019, Fall 2019, Spring 2019)
2) Global Marketing, Undergraduate (Fall 2018)
3) Introduction to Marketing, Undergraduate (Summer 2018, Summer 2019)
4) Marketing Research, Undergraduate (Fall 2017)
5) Strategic Management, MBA (Teaching assistant, Summer 2018, 2017)
6) Enterprise Strategy, MBA (Teaching assistant, Summer 2018, 2017, 2016)
2017, Hot Topics Research Project, PDMA-UNH Innovation Doctoral Consortium
2017, Doctoral Fellow, PDMA-UNH Innovation Doctoral Consortium
2015 - Present, University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) Doctoral Scholarship and UIC Business Doctoral Fellowship, University of Illinois at Chicago and UIC Busienss
2011 - 2013, “Earn While You Learn” Scholarship, University of Allahabad, India
Ph.D. Marketing, The University of Illinois at Chicago (Expected May 2020)
Master of Science, Cognitive Science, University of Allahabad, India (2011-2013 )
Bachelor of Science, Psychology, University of Calcutta, India 2008-2011
• Association for Consumer Research (ACR)
• Society of Consumer Psychology (SCP)
• American Marketing Association (AMA)
• Society for Judgment and Decision Making (SJDM)
• Product Development and Management Association (PDMA)
- Sengupta, Rumela*, Lagnajita Chatterjee, and Jeffrey Parker (2019), “An Investigation of Embarrassment Sources and Consumption” (Poster Presentation). Summer American Marketing Association Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Trujillo, Lez, Eda.M Anlamlier*, Laetitia Mimoun, Lagnajita Chatterjee, and David Gal (2018), “Brand Value and Product Circulation (Mis)management: The Case of Rent the Runway”, Winter American Marketing Association Conference, Austin,TX.
- Chatterjee Lagnajita* and David Gal (2018)," Not for Me: Identity Needs and Consumer Interest in Different Types of Co-Creation" (Poster Presentation), Advances in Consumer Research Conference, Dallas, TX.
- Chatterjee, Lagnajita* (2018), “Art, Artist, and Applause: An Investigation of Online Word-of- Mouth Expression in User-Designed and Company Designed Products,” Open and User Innovation Conference, NYU, New York.
- Chatterjee, Lagnajita* and Jelena Spanjol (2016), “A Comparative Study of Post–Purchase Evaluation of User-Designed and Company-Designed Products: An Exploratory Study” (Poster Presentation). PDMA Research Forum, Atlanta, GA.
- Pammi, V.S.Chandrasekhar, Pavan Kamble*, Lagnajita Chatterjee, and Narayana Srinivasan, (2014). “Scope of attention modulates loss aversion: a behavioural economic investigation” (Poster Presentation). 1st Annual Conference on Cognitive Science. Delhi, India.