Clinical Professor and Director of Master of Science in Supply Chain and Operations Management (MSSCOM) Graduate Studies
Department of Information and Decision Sciences
Building & Room:
University Hall 2413
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607
- AT&T Bell Laboratories - Technical Manager
- BLR Research - Vice President
- Carlson Group, Inc - Director of Information Technology Projects
- Edwards & Kelcey - Associate Vice President
- Union Carbide Corporation - Senior Industrial Engineer
- Princeton University
- DePaul University
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- UIC College of Business Administration
- UIC Corporate MBA Program
- Director of Graduate Studies, Master of Science Degree Program in Supply Chain & Operations Management
- Director, UIC Next-Gen Chapter in Digital Supply Chain
- Data & Prescriptive Analytics
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning and Supply Chain Systems
- Advanced Supply Chain Strategy & Practice
- Statistical Process Control
- Global Purchasing & Logistics
- Advanced Systems Analysis and Design Project
- Enterprise Information Infrastructure Planning & Security
- Strategic Emergency Management & Continuity Planning
- Business Continuity Planning
- Critical Infrastructure and Resource Protection Planning
Korea Maritime Association, Technology Trends in Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Principle Investigator
Department of Homeland Security, Public/Private Partnerships for Region Catastrophic Supply Chain Planning, Co-Investigator
Technology in Supply Chain Management and Logistics: Current Practice and Future Applications, (with A. M. Pagano), Elsevier Publishing, 2019.
“Shaping the Next Generation Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Control Tower with Autonomous Intelligence,” Journal of Autonomous Intelligence, Frontier Scientific Publishing, 2019, Volume 2 Issue 1 doi:10.32629/jai.v2i1.34.
“Integrating Cloud Computing with Next Generation Telematics for Energy Sustainability in Vehicular Networks,” Mobile Computing – Technology and Applications, In-Tech, June, 2018.
“Regional Public-Private Interoperable Communications for Catastrophic Events Using a Cloud Computing Portal”, (with J. Howe, D. Ibrahim), Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, 10(1): 1–20, May, 2013.
“Network Reliability & Fault Tolerance,” The Handbook of Computer Networks, Wiley & Sons, 2006
Mission-Critical Network Planning, Artech House, Hardcover, 432 pp., 2003.
Service to Community
University of Illinois at Chicago Ebola Expert Team Member, Tactical Operational Response Planning Lead Investigator
Past President - Chicago Region, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
Academic Chair & Advisor, Information Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA), UIC Student Chapter Founder
Invited Editor, Journal of Autonomous Intelligence
Corporate Board Member, Coinifide, Inc.
2016/2017, 2018/2019, Dean's Recognition for Outstanding Teaching, UIC Business
2017, Commitment to Excellence Award, Information Control & Audit Association (ISACA)
2016, Teaching Learning Scholar, University of Illinois at Chicago
2012/2013, Teaching Recognition Program Award,, University of Illinois at Chicago
1990, Network Architecture Award & Quality Award, AT&T Bell Laboratories
PhD Princeton University, Operations Research, School of Engineering & Applied Science
M.A. Princeton University, Operations Research, School of Engineering & Applied Science
M.S. Princeton University, Operations Research, School of Engineering & Applied Science
M.S. New York University, Transportation Engineering, Polytechnic Institute
B.S. New York University, Engineering, Polytechnic Institute
Licensures and Certifications
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB)
- Business Continuity Planning (CBCP)
- Homeland Security (DABCHS, CHS-III)
- Project Management (IBM Systems Management Institute)
- Information Management & Operations Research Society (INFORMS)
- American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- Council for Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
- Institute for Supply Management (ISM)
- American SAP Users Group (ASUG)
- Information Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA)
- “Driving Optimal Readiness with Technology Service Providers,” Next Generation Supply Chain Summit, Sarasota, FL, Nov. 18, 2019.
- “The Hidden Agilities in Additive Manufacturing,” Next Generation Supply Chain Summit, Sarasota, FL, Nov. 18, 2019.
- “Sensing Demand: A New Approach to Forecasting Field Service Spare Parts Logistics,” The Future of the Services Supply Chain, DHL Logistics Technology Innovation Center, Oct. 24, 2019.
- “Remote Durable Medical Equipment Tracking & Ulcer Pressure Staging using Blockchain and IoT,” presentation at SAP University Alliances Next-Gen Chapter Conference, University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, July 11, 2019.
- “Aligning Technology with Supply Chain Strategies,” Presentation to the Panthéon-Assas University Paris II, Seagull Institute, Chicago, IL, April 2, 2019.
- “Partnering for Innovation Research,” American SAP User’s Group (ASUG) Conference, Chicago, IL, March 22, 2019.
- “Equipment Tracking and Ulcer Staging using Blockchain,” Next-Gen Digital Health Innovation Forum, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine, Chicago, IL, December 12, 2018.
- “Building Next-Gen Innovators to Accelerate Disruptive Innovation,” 2018 Annual Conference of the Decision Sciences Institute, Chicago, IL, November 8, 2018.
- “Partnering for Innovation: Developing a Next-Gen Laboratory for Exponential Technology,” Proceedings of the 9th International Multi-Conference on Complexity, Informatics and Cybernetics (IMCIC 2018) March 3, 2018.
- (with A. Ramaprasad, T. Syn) “Managing a Smart City’s Response to Ebola: An Ontological Framework,” presented at the 49th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Science, Kauai, Hawaii, January 5-8, 2016.
- (with U. Ozdogru), “Modeling Public-Private Inventory Management Partnership Policies for Regional Catastrophic Planning,” presentation at INFORMS 2014 Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, Nov. 9-12, 2014.
- “Integrating Cloud Computing with Next Generation Telematics for Energy Sustainability in Vehicular Networks,” accepted for presentation at the 26th International Conference on Industrial Engineering & Other Applications of Applied Intelligent Systems, Amsterdam, Netherlands, June 17-21, 2013.
- (with D. Ibrahim), “Regional Public-Private Interoperable Communications for Catastrophic Events Using Cloud Computing,” presentation at the International Disaster Conference and Expo 2013, New Orleans, Jan. 2013.
Research Currently in Progress
- Blockchain/Distributed Ledger Applications in Supply Chain & Operations
- AI/ML Demand Sensing Approaches to Forecasting Spare Part Logistics
- Supply Chain Resiliency and Risk Models
- Product tree network models for assessing supply chain resiliency
- Equipment tracking using Blockchain based distributed ledgers and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Regional catastrophic planning public-private models
- Supply chain inventory management models for catastrophic planning
- Technology applications in supply chain management