Doctoral Student in Business Administration: Human Resource Management
Department of Managerial Studies
- Performance management
- Workplace relationship
- Temporal perspectives
Xu, H., Zhong, M., & Liden, R. C. (in press). “The state of the art in academic servant leadership research: A systematic review.” In J. C. Burkhardt, & J. Y. Joslin (Eds.), Inspiration for servant leaders: Lessons from fifty years of research and practice. Atlanta, GA: Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership.
PhD Candidate, College of Business Administration, University of Illinois at Chicago
MS, School of Business, Renmin University of China, 2015
- Zhong, M., Wayne, S. J., & Michel, E. J. (2019). "When the past and present collide: Interactive effects of dual psychological contract breaches on employee outcomes." Presented at the 2019 Meeting of the Southern Management Association, Norfolk, VA.
- Outstanding Doctoral Student Paper Award
- Michel, E. J., Wayne, S. J., & Zhong, M. (2019). "Past, present, or future: The role of temporal focus on reciprocity in social exchange relationships." Presented at the 2019 Meeting of the Southern Management Association, Norfolk, VA.
- Zhong, M., Fehr, R., & Song, L. J. (2019). "Pay it forward or keep it for myself? How narcissism shapes prosocial motivation and behavior after receiving OCBs." Poster presented at the 34th Annual Conference of the Society for Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Washington, D.C.
- Zhong, M., Stouten, J., & Liden, R. C. (2018). "Growing pains: Tough love as the compassionate presentation of negative feedback." In C. Hartnell & D. Stotler, Advancing moral approaches to leadership: Boundary conditions, scale development, and review. Symposium presented at the 78th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Chicago, IL.
- Zhong, M., & Song, L. J. (2018). "Disrupting gratitude: A daily diary study of how counterproductive work behaviors shape feelings of gratitude." In E. Awtrey & R. Fehr, Gratitude at multiple levels of the organization. Symposium presented at the 78th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Chicago, IL.