Doctoral Student in Management Information Stystems
Department of Information and Decision Sciences
Pankhuri’s research is at the intersection of technology, analytics and marketing, and stems from her keen interest in studying technology enabled social platforms for improving and scaling business research. Her dissertation research seeks to leverage large-scale digital traces of consumers’ engagements on social platforms to address key issues in brand management.
Pankhuri is well trained across a range of research methods, including data analytics, machine learning, network analyses, econometrics, survey based methods, text analytics, deep learning, and causal inference. She is well versed with the details of these methods and algorithms, as well as current software tools for using these with data (such as R, Python, SQL, AWS).
Courses Taught: Business Data Mining.
Future Teaching Interests: Business Analytics, Machine Learning, Statistical Modeling, Social Network Analysis
1. Malhotra, P., Bhattacharyya, S., (2019). “Online Brand Networks: A new approach to brand positioning” – Invited revision at Journal of Marketing (Top-tier marketing journal)
2. Malhotra, P., Bhattacharyya, S., Zhao, K., (2019) “Information Networks for Market Structure Insights” In preparation for submission to Information Systems Research (by Fall 2019).
3. Malhotra, P., Bhattacharyya, S., (2018) “Information flows in Knowledge Networks” – In preparation for submission to Management Science (by winter 2019).
4. Malhotra, P., & Bhattacharyya, S. (2018, June). Large Scale Online Brand Networks to Study Brand Effects. In Workshops at the Thirty-Second AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
5. Malhotra, P., Bhattacharyya, S., Xu, M.,(2019) “Branding in the age of social media: A comparison of user-brand relationships in the digital ecosystem” – Work in Progress – Data Analysis Phase.
Service to Community
- Reviewed papers for Information Systems Research, KDD, ICIS, AMA, AAAI and others.
- Session organizer for INFORMS, WITS, AMA
2015 - Present, University of Illinois at Chicago Doctoral Scholarship , University of Illinois at Chicago and UIC Business
2015 - Present, UIC Business Doctoral Fellowship, University of Illinois at Chicago and UIC Business
2015 - Present, UIC Business Graduate Assistantship, UIC Business
PhD, Information Systems, University of Illinois at Chicago 2015 – summer 2020
Academic interests – Social Network Analysis, Business Analytics, Digital Networks, Information Systems Strategy, Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics, Digital Marketing, Databases, Statistical Modeling, Econometrics, Causal Inference.
MSc Business Analytics, University of Manchester 2014 –2015
Thesis – Advanced Predictive Modeling for a telecom client of Convergys, Manchester (UK)
Coursework - Mathematical Programming and Optimization, Social Media and Web Analytics, Financial Modeling, Data Analytics, Business Statistics, Information Systems Strategy, Simulation and Risk Analysis
BSc Physics Honors, Miranda House, University of Delhi 2010 – 2013
Software Knowledge – R, Python, AWS, Hadoop, Rapid Miner, SAS, SPSS, Stata, SQL, Excel.
Licensures and Certifications
The Data Scientist Toolbox - Johns Hopkins University, Issued Dec 2014
Big Data and Social Physics - Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Issued May 2014
1. Malhotra, P., Bhattacharyya, S., “Network Analysis Techniques to Study Branding Effects." Workshop on Information technology and Systems (WITS 2016), Dublin, Ireland.
2. Malhotra, P., Bhattacharyya, S., “Large Scale Online Brand Networks to study Branding Effects” AAAI – Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Marketing Science 2018, New Orleans, USA; AMA Winter Academic Conference 2018, New Orleans, USA.
3. Malhotra, P., Bhattacharyya, S., “Examining drivers of brand performance using online brand networks” The Interactive Marketing Research Conference 2018, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
4. Malhotra, P., Bhattacharyya, S., Xu, M., “Brand Ecosystems from Large-Scale Data on Social Media Brand Communities” AMA Summer Academic Conference 2018, Boston, USA.
5. Malhotra, P., Bhattacharyya, S., “Mining Consumer Perceptions: The Role of Networks in Branding” Informs Marketing Science Conference 2019, Rome, Italy.
6. Malhotra, P., Bhattacharyya, S., “Mining Consumer Perceptions: The Role of Networks in Branding” INFORMS Annual Meeting 2019, Seattle, USA.