Doctoral Student in Business Administration: Information and Decision Sciences Emphasis
Department of Information and Decision Sciences
Building & Room:
601 S. Morgan St.
I am a third-year Ph.D. student from the Information and Decision Sciences (IDS) department of the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). Before joining the UIC, I got my Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics from the School of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science at the University of Tehran. Below are my main research interests.
- (i) Solving sequential decision-making problems by combining techniques from approximate dynamic programming, randomized and high-dimensional sampling, and optimization.
- (ii) Developing algorithms for online retailing and warehousing problems using data-driven optimization, robust optimization, and inverse reinforcement learning methods.
- Teaching Assistant
- Introduction to Operations Management (UIC, IDS 532)
- Statistical Models and Methods for Business Analytics (UIC, IDS 575)
- Business Forecasting (UIC, IDS 476)
- Business Data Mining (UIC, IDS 472
- Business Statistics (UIC, IDS 270)
- Numerical Linear Algebra (UT)
- Numerical Analysis (UT)
“SMOILE: A Shopper Marketing Optimization and Inverse Learning Engine.” Joint work with Abhilash Reddy Chenreddy, Selvaprabu Nadarajah, Ranganathan Chandrasekaran, and Rick Abens. In The 25th ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining.
“Self-guided Approximate Linear Programs.” Joint work with Selvaprabu Nadarajah, Negar Soheili, and Qihang Lin. (Draft available upon request).
“Box-suite Optimization for Online Retailers.” Joint work with Selvaprabu Nadarajah and Yun Fong Lim. (Work in progress).
2017 - present, Doctoral Scholarship and CBA Doctoral Fellowship, UIC Business
2017 - present, Graduate Assistantship, UIC Business
2016, Graduate Entrance Scholarship, Department of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, University of Tehran, Iran
2016, Technical Qualification, 2D Soccer Simulation League
Second year PhD student, Information and Decision Sciences Department, UIC Business School, Chicago, IL, 2017-present.
Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics, Department of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 2012-2016.