Department of Accounting
Building & Room:
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607
- Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2017-current
- Lecturer, Teaching Assistant, and Research Assistant, University of Iowa, 2011-2017
- Senior Tax Associate, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, 2008-2011
- Undergraduate Federal Tax I
- Undergraduate Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Corporate taxation
- Tax avoidance
- Financial reporting of income taxes
- Tax-motivated changes in corporate policies
- “Expected Economic Growth and Investment in Corporate Tax Planning” with Jaewoo Kim, Sean McGuire, and Ryan Wilson. Forthcoming at Review of Accounting Studies.
- “How Quickly Do Firms Adjust to Optimal Levels of Tax Avoidance?” with Jaewoo Kim, Sean McGuire, and Ryan Wilson. Contemporary Accounting Research, 2019, 36(3): 1824-1860.
- Presented at the 2016 Contemporary Accounting Research Conference
PhD, Accounting - University of Iowa (2017)
Master in Professional Accounting, Taxation concentration - University of Texas (2007)
BBA, Accounting - University of Texas (2005)
Research Currently in Progress
- “Discretion in Accounting for Tax Reserves: Evidence from Mergers and Acquisitions” solo-authored.
- “Pricing Firms’ Responsiveness to Shareholder Tax Incentives” with Paul Hribar and Ryan Wilson.
- “Expected Economic Growth and Investment in Corporate Tax Planning” with Jaewoo Kim, Sean McGuire, and Ryan Wilson.