Ui Young Sun
Doctoral Student in Business Administration: Human Resource Management
Department of Managerial Studies
Building & Room:
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL, 60607
- LMX differentiation
- Leader Adaptability
- Servant leadership
- Ethical leadership
- Workplace relationship
Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership, Greenleaf Scholarship ($2,500 awarded), Recipient
2018 - Present, UIC Business Doctoral Fellowship, University of Illinois at Chicago
PhD Student in Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management, University of Illinois at Chicago (expected 2023)
Master of Science in Business Administration, Seoul National University, 2016
Bachelor of Science in Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2007
- Yuan, Z., Sun. U. Y., Effinger, A. L., Zhang, J. (2023). Being on the same page matters: A meta-analytic investigation of leader–member exchange (LMX) agreement. Journal of Applied Psychology. Advanced online publication. https://doi.org/10.1037/apl0001089
- Sun, U. Y., & Liden, R. C. (2021, August). "All blame is a waste of time? The functional and dysfunctional impacts of leaders’ blaming on follower’s work behaviors." In K. Larsen and E. Kross (Chair), Bringing the leading back in leadership: Behavioral approaches to leadership. Paper accepted as part of symposium session at Academy of Management.
- Lynch, J. W., Follmer, K., Sun, U. Y., & Jones, K. (2020, August). "Understanding the dimensionality of stigma: Scale development and workplace disability implications." In D. Baldridge and M. Kulkarni (Chair), Broadening our Sight: New Directions in Disability Research. Paper presented as part of symposium session at Academy of Management.
- Sun, U. Y., Xu, H., & Kluemper, D. H., Yun, S. (2019, October) "Do you mind your abusive supervisor? A social information processing approach to Abusive supervision." Presented at the Southern Management Association Annual Conference, Norfolk, VA.
- Sun, U. Y. (2018, April). "Does ethical leadership influence subordinates’ knowledge sharing? A Moderated Mediation Model." In J. J. Sosik (Chair), OB Ethics spotlight: Ethical leadership. Paper presentation at the annual meeting of the Academy of Management. Chicago, IL.
Research Currently in Progress
- Sun, U. Y., & Park, H., Yun, S. Ethical leadership and close monitoring. (Under 2nd round revise & resubmit at Journal of Organization Behavior)
- Sun, U. Y., Xu, H., Kluemper, D. H., Lu, X. & Yun, S. Abusive supervision and regulatory focus. (Under 2nd round revise and resubmit at Group & Organization Management)
- Sun, U. Y., Lee, S., & Yun, S. Leader influence tactics and organizational justice. (Under 2nd round revise and resubmit at Group & Organization Management)
- Sun, U. Y., Xu, H., Kluemper, D. H., McLarty, B., & Yun, S. Ethical leadership and knowledge sharing. (Under 2nd round review at Journal of Business Research)
- Sun, U. Y., Sun, D. I., Son, S. Y, & Ahn, R. Proactive personality and social dominance orientation. (Under review at Journal of Applied Psychology)
- Sun, U. Y., Xu, H., Kluemper, D. H., McLarty, B., & Yun, S. Ethical leadership. Writing stage. Target Journal: Personnel Psychology.
- Sun, U. Y., & Liden, R. C. Leaders' differential treatment. Writing stage (conceptual paper). Target Journal: Journal of Management.
- Sun, U. Y., & Liden, R. C. Blaming at work. Writing stage (conceptual paper). Target Journal: Academy of Management Review.
- Sun, U. Y., Xu, H., Kluemper, D. H., Lu, X. & Yun, S. Abusive supervision. Writing Stage. Target Journal: Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Lynch, J. W., Sun, U. Y., Jones, K., & Follmer, K. Stigma dimensions. Data analysis stage.
- Lynch, J. W., Sun, U. Y., & Little, L. M. Identity blind spots. Writing stage (conceptual paper).
- Sun, U. Y., Effinger, A. & Yuan, Z. Leader-member exchange. Data collection stage.
- Yuan, Z., Zhang, J., & Sun, U. Y. Leaders’ reactions to burnout. Idea/design stage.