Department of Accounting
601 S. Morgan St., 2327 UH
- “Visuals and attention to earnings news on Twitter” with S. Teoh and S. Wu. Review of Accounting Studies, forthcoming.
- “Cater to Thy Client: Analyst Responsiveness to Institutional Investor Attention,” with P. Chiu, B. Lourie, and S. Teoh. Management Science, forthcoming.
- “Are Online Job Postings Informative to Investors?” with E. Gutierrez, B. Lourie, and T. Shevlin. Management Science, 2020.
- “Opportunity Knocks But Once: Delayed Disclosure of Financial Items in Earnings Announcements and Analyst and Investor Neglect of Earnings News,” with Y. Li and S. Teoh. Review of Accounting Studies, 2020.
- “Key Performance Indicators as Supplements to Earnings: Incremental informativeness, Demand Factors, Measurement Issues, and Properties of Their Forecasts” with D. Givoly, Y. Li, and B. Lourie. Review of Accounting Studies, 2019.
- “Valuation Implications of Unconditional Accounting Conservatism: Evidence from Analysts’ Target Prices,” with J. Kim, P. Shroff, and A. Simon. Contemporary Accounting Research, 2019, 36: 1669–1698.
- “Headline Salience, Managerial Opportunism, and Over- and Underreactions to Earnings,” with X. Huang and S. Teoh. The Accounting Review, 2018, 93: 231–255.
- “Using Earnings Forecasts to Simultaneously Estimate Firm-Specific Cost of Equity and Long-Term Growth,” with Maria Ogneva. Review of Accounting Studies, 2011, 16: 414–457.
- “Fundamentals-Based Risk Measurement in Valuation,” with Pervin Shroff. The Accounting Review, 2009, 84: 1983–2011.
Selected Working Papers
- “Visuals and Attention to Earnings News on Twitter,” with S. Teoh and S. Wu.
- “Employee Turnover and Firm Performance: Large-Sample Archival Evidence,” with Q. Li, B. Lourie, and T. Shevlin.
- “The Gender Position Gap and Firm Performance” with C. Liang, B. Lourie, and T. Shevlin.
2018, 2017, Dean’s Recognition for Outstanding Teaching, UIC Business
2014, Best Paper Award, CAPANA Research Conference
2014, Excellence in Teaching, Core, Full-Time MBA, University of California-Irvine
2010, Best Paper Award, Review of Accounting Studies conference
PhD in Accounting, University of Minnesota
PhD studies in Economics, University of Minnesota
MS in Physics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology