Thank you for your interest in UIC Business.
In Their Own Words
“I wanted to start interning early on, so I connected with the Business Career Center in my first semester. By the end of my freshman year, I’d secured a marketing internship at a prominent Chicago cultural organization.”BS '19|
First Year Applicants
A first year applicant is a current high school student (including those with college credit) or high school graduates who have not attended a college/university.
UIC Business utilizes a holistic approach to admissions where numerous criteria are reviewed for each individual applicant. Those factors include:
- High school coursework and grade point average
- ACT or SAT score
- Cumulative High School Percentile Rank
- Grade trend and course levels
- Personal statement
A full list of application and other requirements is available on the UIC Admissions First Year Requirements page. To complete your application you must submit the following to the UIC Office of Admissions by the deadline:
- Application Checklist
- $60 Application fee or fee waiver
- Official transcripts from all high schools attended
- Official ACT scores or SAT scores. Test scores listed on high school transcripts will be accepted as official. (UIC ACT test code: 1155; UIC SAT test code: 1851)
- Personal statement
- Official GED scores, if applicable
UIC Business Scholars is a selective leadership development and scholarship program for top performing, highly motivated undergraduates. Learn about the Business Scholars program and application requirements for first year applicants.
First-year applicants who missed the deadline to apply may submit a petition to request a late application.
Transfer or Readmit Applicants
You are considered a transfer student if you have earned college credit since graduating from high school. As a transfer student, you will be given access to advising, academic resources, extra-curricular and co-curricular opportunities at the only university in Chicago with a dedicated career center specifically for business students.
Guidelines for transfer applicants to Bachelor of Science (BS) degree programs:
- A minimum of 24 credit hours at the time of application and 36 credit hours at the time of enrollment.
- Recommended courses completed at time of enrollment:
- English Composition I, English Composition II.
- Complete one of the following math tracks: Track 1: Calculus I and Calculus II, Track 2: Business Calculus and Elementary Linear Algebra, Track 3: Calculus I and Elementary Linear Algebra (Finite Math may be substituted for Elementary Linear Algebra).
- For fullest consideration, a 2.75 GPA is recommended but does not guarantee admission.
- UIC Business does not admit non-degree students.
- Applicants with international coursework will be required to submit a syllabus in English for all courses. A minimum of 3 semesters to graduate with a UIC Business bachelor’s degree should be expected for international applicants with 3 or more years of undergraduate coursework.
Guidelines for transfer applicants to Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degree Completion program:
- Visit the Bachelor’s of Business Administration Completion Program page for BBA specific admission criteria.
UIC Business is unable to consider second bachelor’s degree applicants. We encourage students to consider a master’s degree program in lieu of pursuing a second bachelor’s degree.
UIC Future Leaders in Business
The UIC Future Leaders in Business Program is a free 5-week summer experience designed for rising high school seniors. The goal of this program is to expose participants to the University of Illinois at Chicago campus and offer comprehensive programming in leadership development and career exploration while receiving academic instruction in the core business areas of accounting, finance, marketing, and management. This program also includes a one-week residential component in UIC Housing.