Professor and Interim Department Head of Finance
Department of Finance
Building & Room:
University Hall 2131
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607
- Associate Professor of Finance (with tenure), University of Illinois at Chicago, since 2016
- Assistant Professor of Finance, University of Notre Dame, 2008-2016
- Associate Professor of Finance (with tenure), University of Maastricht, 2008
- Assistant Professor of Finance, University of Maastricht, 2005-2008
- Behavioral Finance
- Bodnaruk, Andriy, Bekhan Chokaev, and Andrei Simonov, 2018, “Downside Risk Timing by Mutual Funds,” Review of Asset Pricing Studies, forthcoming.
- Bali, Turan, Andriy Bodnaruk, Anna Scherbina, and Yi Tang, 2017, “Unusual News Events and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns,” Management Science, forthcoming.
- Bodnaruk, Andriy, Massimo Massa, and Vijay Yadav, 2017, “Family Ownership, Country Governance, and Foreign Portfolio Investment,” Journal of Empirical Finance 41, pp. 96-115.
- Bodnaruk, Andriy and Andrei Simonov, 2016, “Loss Averse Preferences, Performance, and Career Success of Institutional Investors,” Review of Financial Studies 29, pp. 3140-3176.
- Bodnaruk, Andriy, Alberto Manconi, and Massimo Massa, 2016, “Cross-Border Alliances and Risk Management,” Journal of International Economics 102, pp. 22-49.
- Bodnaruk, Andriy and Marco Rossi, 2016, “Dual Ownership, Returns, and Voting in Mergers,” Journal of Financial Economics 120, pp.58-80.
- Bodnaruk, Andriy, William O’Brien, and Andrei Simonov, 2016, “Captive Finance and Firm’s Competitiveness,” Journal of Corporate Finance 37, pp. 210-228.
- Bodnaruk, Andriy and Andrei Simonov, 2015, “Do Financial Experts Make Better Investment Decisions?” Journal of Financial Intermediation 24, pp. 514-536.
- Bodnaruk, Andriy, Tim Loughran, and Bill McDonald, 2015, “Using 10-K Text to Gauge Financial Constraints,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 50, pp. 623-646 (lead article).
- Bodnaruk, Andriy, Massimo Massa, and Andrei Simonov, 2013, “Alliances and Corporate Governance,” Journal of Financial Economics 103, pp. 671-693.
- Bodnaruk, Andriy and Per Östberg, 2013, “Shareholder Base and Payout Policy,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 48, pp. 729-760
- Bodnaruk, Andriy, Massimo Massa, and Andrei Simonov, 2009, “Investment Banks as Insiders and the Market for Corporate Control,” Review of Financial Studies 22, pp. 4989-5026.
- Bodnaruk, Andriy, 2009, “Proximity Always Matters: Local Bias When the Set of Local Companies Changes,” Review of Finance 14, pp. 629-656.
- Bodnaruk, Andriy and Per Östberg, 2009, “Does Investor Recognition Predict Returns?” Journal of Financial Economics 91, pp. 208-226
- Bodnaruk, Andriy, Eugene Kandel, Massimo Massa, and Andrei Simonov, 2008, “Shareholder Diversification and the Decision to Go Public,” Review of Financial Studies 21, pp. 2779-2824
Ph.D. in Finance, Stockholm School of Economics, September 2005
Visiting PhD student, INSEAD, Spring 2003
M.A. in Economics, EERC MA program in Economics (Kyiv School of Economics), Ukraine, June 1999
B.Sc. in Physics, University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”, Ukraine, June 1997