Department of Finance
Building & Room:
2111 University Hall
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607
- Associate Professor of Finance, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2017-
- Associate Professor of Finance, University of Oklahoma, 2016-2017
- Assistant Professor of Finance, University of Oklahoma, 2009-2016
- Multinational Corporate Finance
- “Does Independent Advice to the Board Affect CEO Compensation (with Hamed Mahmudi),” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Accepted
- “Performance Peer Groups in CEO Compensation Contracts” (with Hamed Mahmudi and Ashley Newton), Financial Management, Accepted
- ”Diversification and Cash Dynamics” (with Tiantian Gu), 2017, Journal of Financial Economics 3, 580-601.
- “The Causal Effect of Option Pay on Corporate Risk Management” (with Hamed Mahmudi, Chitru Fernando and Jesus Salas), 2016, Journal of Financial Economics 120, 623-643.
- “The Real Effects of Market Liquidity: Causal Evidence from Delisting” (with Toni Whited and Candace Jens), 2013, Finance Research Letters 9, 183-193.
- “Threshold Events and Identification: A Study of Cash Shortfalls” (with Toni Whited), 2012, Journal of Finance 25, 1286-1329.
- “Which Firms Follow the Market? An Analysis of Corporate Investment Decisions” (with Toni Whited), 2010, Review of Financial Studies 23, 1941-1980.
2016, Teaching Award, Merrick Foundation
2015, Master Teacher Award, Houston and Mary Jo Johnson
2007, Stephen L. Hawk Fellowship, University of Wisconsin-Madison
1997, 1st Prize, 1st Prize Norwegian Youth Science Competition
Licensures and Certifications
Ph.D., Finance, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2009
B.A., Mathematics, University of Oslo, 2003
B.A., Finance and Real Estate, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2001