Department of Marketing
- Arsel, Zeynep, David Crockett, and Maura L. Scott (forthcoming 2022), “Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in the Journal of Consumer Research: A Curation and Research Agenda,” Journal of Consumer Research.
- Crockett, David (2021), “Racial Oppression and Racial Projects in Consumer Markets: A Racial Formation Theory Approach,” Journal of Consumer Research.
- Arnould, Eric, David Crockett, and Giana Eckhardt (2021), “Informing Marketing Theory through Consumer Culture Theoretics,” AMS Review.
- Rockwell, Casey Carder, David Crockett, and Lenita Davis (2020), “Mass Incarceration and Consumer Financial Harm: Critique of Rent-Seeking by the Carceral State,” Journal of Consumer Affairs. (Winner: JCA Best Paper Award for 2020)
- Crockett, David and Sonya A. Grier (2020), “Race in the Marketplace and COVID-19,” Journal of Public Policy & Marketing.
- Crockett, David and Nicholas Pendarvis (2017), “A Research Agenda on Political Ideology in Consumer Research: A Commentary on Jung et al.’s ‘Blue and Red Voices’,” Journal of Consumer Research.
- Crockett, David (2017), “Paths to Respectability: Consumption and Stigma Management in the Contemporary Black Middle Class,” Journal of Consumer Research. (Winner: JCR “Best Paper” Award for 2020)
- Crockett, David and Lenita Davis (2015), “Commercial Mythmaking at the Holy Land Experience,” Consumption Markets & Culture.
Service to Community
- Co-founder, Soda City Bail Fund (2020, Columbia, SC)
Associate Editor, "Journal of Consumer Research" (2018 - 2024)
Editorial Review Board, "Journal of Consumer Affairs"
Advisory Board, Race in the Marketplace Research Network
PhD: University of Arizona, 2000
MBA: University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, 1994
BS Business Administration: University of Missouri at Columbia, 1992
- American Sociological Association
- Association for Consumer Research
- Consumer Culture Theory Consortium
- Race in the Marketplace Research Network