Stuart Handler Department of Real Estate
Building & Room:
601 S. Morgan St.
Professor Demyanyk specializes in research related to household finance, mortgage markets, financial intermediation, and banking regulation. Before joining the UIC, she was a Senior Research Economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and an Adjunct Professor at Case Western Reserve University, Weatherhead School of Management.
- “Stress Tests and Small Business Lending” (with Kristle Cortes, Lei Li, Elena Loutskina, and Philip Strahan). Forthcoming. Journal of Financial Economics.
- “Fiscal Stimulus and Consumer Debt” (with Elena Loutskina and Daniel Murphy). Forthcoming. Review of Economics and Statistics.
- “Moving to a Job: The Role of Home Equity, Debt, and Access to Credit” (with Dmytro Hryshko, Maria “Luengo-Prado, and Bent Sorensen), American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, 2017, 9 (2): 149–181.
- “Mortgage Companies and Regulatory Arbitrage” (with Elena Loutskina), Journal of Financial Economics, 2016, Volume 122, Issue 2, Pages 328–351.
- “Understanding the Subprime Mortgage Crisis” (with Otto Van Hemert), Review of Financial Studies, 24(6), 2011, pp. 1848-1880.
- “U.S. Banking Deregulation, Small Businesses, and Interstate Insurance of Personal Income” (with Charlotte Ostergaard and Bent Sorensen), Journal of Finance 62, No. 6, 2007, pp. 2763–2801.
PhD in Economics—University of Houston, 2006.
MA in Economics—Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, Economic Education and Research Consortium (EERC), Kyiv, Ukraine, 2001.
MA in Pedagogy (The Science of Teaching)—National University of Odessa, Ukraine, 1998.
BS and MA in Physics—National University of Odessa, Ukraine, 1998.