James Wesley Cooper
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Managerial Studies
Building & Room:
University Hall 2510
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Managerial Studies, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2012-Present
- Academic & Organizational Consultant 2009-Present
- Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor of Managerial Studies, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2012-2013
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Various Universities, 2005 – Present
- Talent Manager /Consultant, Synergy Global Resources, 2009 - Present
- Manager of Staffing Services, Siemens Building Technologies, 2007-2008
- Human Resources Manager – Corporate Functions, Andrew Corporation, 2006-2007
- Strategic Management and Competitive Strategy
- Human Resources Management
- Organizational Development/Behavior
- External Business and Society
- Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility
- Training and Development
- Strategic Compensation
- Recruitment and Selection
- Leadership and Managerial Decision Making
- Racial and Learner Identity African American/Black Student Success
- Business Simulations and Gaming
- Professional Identity
- Teaching Methods in Business Series Chapter – Computers Simulations & Gaming Volume – Academy of Management, Edward Edgar Publishing–Publish Date: July 2022. ISBN 978-1-83910-242-4
- Cooper, Jr. J.W. (2013). Talent development of instructors in online higher education: A mixed methods study of instructor effectiveness. (Doctoral dissertation). ProQuest Dissertation and Theses. (To be published March 31, 2013).
- Cooper, Jr. J.W. (2009). Insights for a venture capital talent management model. Exploring the C-Suite for Sustainable, Socially Responsible Business Models. Midwest Academy of Management Proceedings.
2018 -Present PhD – Learning Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL.
2013 PhD - Organizational Development and Change, Benedictine University, Lisle, IL.
2004 MBA – Human Resources Management, Cum Laude. DePaul University Chicago, IL.
1998 BBA – Finance, Magna Cum Laude. Loyola University, Chicago, IL.
Licensures and Certifications
- SPHR – Senior Professional Human Resources
- SHRM-SCP – SHRM Senior Certified Professional
Research Currently in Progress
Road to Graduation: African American Students Affirmational Changes in Radicalized and Learning Identities