Department of Marketing
Building & Room:
University Hall 2201
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Krittinee Nuttavuthisit is a full-time faculty member of marketing and assistant director: research at Sasin School of Management, Chulalongkorn University; currently a visiting scholar at University of Illinois, Chicago. She is a scholar of the King Anandamahidol Foundation in Thailand. She received her Ph.D. in Marketing from Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University. Dr. Krittinee was awarded Sasin Teacher of the Year Awards and Chulalongkorn’s Awards for Teaching Excellence. Her research interest is in sustainable consumption and marketing and her works were published in leading journals such as Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Consumer Psychology, Journal of Retailing, and Journal of Business Ethics. Dr. Krittinee has also served as a consultant, advisor, committee member in both public and private sectors such as organic food, tourism, retailing, gem and jewelry, social enterprise and social development foundation.
- Wongkitrungrueng, A., Hildebrand, D., Sen, S., Nuttavuthisit, K. (2020). Is Salesperson Attractiveness a Boon or a Bane? The Moderating Role of Perceived Labor Cost-To-Price Ratio in Retail Bargaining. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 30 (3): 447-465.
- Brunner T., Nuttavuthisit K. (2019). A consumer-oriented segmentation study on edible insects in Switzerland and Thailand. British Food Journal, 122 (2): 482-488. doi: 10.1108/BFJ-08-2018-0526
- Wongkitrungrueng A., Sen S., Nuttavuthisit K., & Szabo-Douat T. (2019). Customer Deference to Service Providers in Ordinary Service Encounters. Journal of Service Theory and Practice, 29 (2), 189-212. doi: 10.1108/JSTP-02-2018-0031 (Highly commended paper award).
- Nuttavuthisit K. & Thøgersen J. (2019). Developing-Economy Preferences for Imported Organic Food Products, Journal of International Consumer Marketing, 31 (3), 225-249. doi: 10.1080/08961530.2018.1544529
- Nuttavuthisit K. (2017). Vocational Education for Sustainable Community Development: Building Collaborative Efforts in Myanmar and Vietnam, Community Development Journal, Vol. 52(1), 125-143. DOI: 10.1093/cdj/bsw053
- Nuttavuthisit K. & Thøgersen J. (2017). The Importance of Consumer Trust for the Emergence of a Market for Green Products: The Case of Organic Food, Journal of Business Ethics, Vol. 140(2), 323-337. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10551-015-2690-5
- Nuttavuthisit, K., Jindahra P., & Prasanpanich P. (2015). Participatory Community Development: Evidence from Thailand, Community Development Journal, 50 (1), 55-70.
- Figueiredo B., Chelekis J., DeBerry-Spence B., Firat F., Ger G., Godefroit-Winkel D., Kravets O., Moisander J., Nuttavuthisit, K., Peñaloza L., & Tadajewski M. (2015). Developing Markets? Understanding the Role of Markets and Development at the Intersection of Macromarketing and Transformative Consumer Research (TCR). Journal of Macromarketing, Vol. 35(2), 257-271.
- Tadajewski, M., Chelekis, J., Deberry-Spence, B., Figueiredo, B., Kravets, O., Nuttavuthisit, K., Peñaloza, L., & Moisander, J. (2014). The Discourses of Marketing and Development: Towards Critical Transformative Marketing Research. Journal of Marketing Management, 30 (17-18), 1728-1771.
- Nuttavuthisit, K. (2014), How consumers as aesthetic subjects co-create the aesthetic experience of the retail environment. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 21 (4), 432–437.
- Nuttavuthisit, K. (2010). If you can’t beat them, let them join: The development of strategies to foster consumers’ co-creative practices. Business Horizon, 53(3), May-June 2010, 315-324.
- Nuttavuthisit, K. (2007). Branding Thailand: Correcting the Negative Image of Sex Tourism. Place Branding and Public Diplomacy. 3(1), 21-30.
- Kozinets, R. V., Sherry, J. F., Storm, D., Duhachek, A., Nuttavuthisit, K., & DeBerry-Spence, B. (2004). Ludic Agency and Retail Spectacle. Journal of Consumer Research, 31(December), 658-672.
- Sherry, J. F., Kozinets, R. V., Duhachek, A., DeBerry-Spence, B., Nuttavuthisit, K., & Storm, D. (2004). Gendered Behavior in a Male Preserve: Role Playing at ESPN Zone Chicago. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 14 (1&2), 151-158.
- Kozinets, R. V., Sherry, J. F., DeBerry-Spence, B., Duhachek, A., Nuttavuthisit, K., & Storm, D. (2002). Themed Flagship Brand Stores in the New Millennium: Theory, Practice, Prospects, The William R. Davidson Honorable Mention Award. Journal of Retailing. 78 (1), 17-29.
- Sherry, J. F., Kozinets, R. V., Storm, D., Duhachek, A., Nuttavuthisit, K., & DeBerry-Spence, B. (2001). Being In The Zone: Staging Retail Theater at ESPN Zone Chicago, Journal of Contemporary Ethnography, 30(4), 465-510.
Service to Community
- Committee: Thai Organic Consumer Association (TOCA) (2020 - present)
- Yuvabadhana Foundation (2015 - present)
- Khon Thai Foundation (2011 - present)
- The NETWORK for NGO-Business Partnerships (2008 - present)
- Marketing Association of Thailand (2014 - 2018); Children’s World Academy (2014 - 2018)
Assistant Director, Research, Sasin School of Management
2009, 2011, 2012, Sasin Teacher of the Year Award, Sasin School of Management
2010, 2013, Chulalongkorn University Award for Teaching Excellence, Chulalongkorn University
1999-2003, King Anandamahidol Scholarship, King Anandamahidl Foundation
1997, 1993, King Bhumibol Scholarship (Gold Medal), Thammasat University
Ph.D. (Marketing), 2003 Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
BBA (Marketing) - 1st Class Honor (Gold Medal), 1997 Faculty of Commerce and Accountancy, Thammasat University
Research Currently in Progress
- Sustainable Food Services
- Organic Tourism
- Mindfulness and Body Image Issues