Department of Managerial Studies
Building & Room:
601 S. Morgan St.
Puranik, H., Koopman, J., & Vough, H. C. (forthcoming) “Excuse me, do you have a minute? An exploration of the dark- and bright-side effects of daily work interruptions for employee well-being.” Journal of Applied Psychology.
Puranik, H., Koopman, J., & Vough H. C. (2020) “Pardon the interruption: An integrative review and future research agenda for research on work interruptions.” Journal of Management, 6, 806–842. (Review Issue). Doi: 10.1177/0149206319887428
Koopman, J., Rosen, C. C., Gabriel, A. S., Puranik, H., Johnson, R. E., & Ferris, D. L. (2020) “Why and for whom does the pressure to help hurt others? Emotional and cognitive mechanisms linking helping pressure to workplace deviance.” Personnel Psychology, 73, 333–362. Doi: 10.1111/peps.12354
Puranik, H., Koopman, J., Vough, H. C., & Gamache, D. L. (2019) “They want what I’ve got (I think): The causes and consequences of attributing coworker behavior to envy.” Academy of Management Review, 44, 424-449. Doi: 10.5465/amr.2016.0191
Caza*, B. B., Vough*, H. C., & Puranik, H. (2018) “Identity work in organizations and occupations: Definitions, theories, and pathways forward. Journal of Organizational Behavior,” 39, 889-910. Doi: 10.1002/job.2318 * denotes equal contribution
2018 - 19, Graduate School Dean's Research Fellowship, University of Cincinnati
2017 - 18, Outstanding Doctoral Student Research Award, Lindner College of Business, University of Cincinnati
2017-18, Excellence in Teaching Award for Graduate Students, Lindner College of Business, University of Cincinnati
PhD in Business Administration and Management, University of Cincinnati (2019)
Master of Management Studies (Human Resources), Mumbai University, India (2012)
Bachelor of Engineering, Pune University, India (2008)
- Academy of Management
- Southern Management Association
- Puranik, H., Vough, H. C., & Pathki, C. S. (2020) Oops I did it (again)! Social gaffes in the workplace and their emotional, behavioral, and relational outcomes. Annual Meeting of the Southern Management Association.
- Puranik, H. & Koopman, J. (2020) "Pardon the Interruption: A study of the dark- and bright-side effects of daily work intrusions. Eightieth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management.
- Christensen-Salem, A. L., Perrmann-Graham, J., Kinicki, A. J., Puranik, H. 2019. Positivity in the executive suite: CEO performance management behaviors and flourishing climate. Accepted for presentation at Seventy Eighth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Boston.
- Puranik H., & Vough, H. C. 2018. Social Gaffes: Awkward interpersonal encounters at work and their interpersonal repercussions. Seventy Eighth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Chicago.
- Christensen-Salem, A. L., Puranik, H, Kinicki, A. J., Perrmann-Graham, J. 2018. CEO performance management and TMT climate: Pathway to TMT and firm outcomes. Seventy Eighth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Chicago.
- Koopman, J., Johnson, R. E., Gabriel, A. S., & Puranik, H. 2018. When employees break bad: Examining the dark side of citizenship behaviors at work. Seventy Eighth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Chicago.
- Puranik, H., Vough, H. C., & Koopman, J. 2016. They want what I’ve got: The role of self-esteem and attribution in determining responses to being envied.
Seventy Sixth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Los Angeles.
- Puranik, H., Koopman, J., Vough, H. C., & Gamache, D. L. 2016. On facing coworker envy: Importance of self-esteem and attribution in shaping responses to coworker envy. Southern Management Association, Charlotte.
- Vough, H. C., Hollensbe, E. C., & Puranik, H. 2015. Navigating necessary evils: Identity and image influences on manager decision making, guilt and outcomes. Seventy fifth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Vancouver. (Showcase Symposium on Emotion and Identity)