Robert C. Liden
Professor, Coordinator of OB/HR PhD Program, and Associate Dean of PhD Programs
Department of Managerial Studies
Building & Room:
University Hall 2232
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607
Office Phone Voice:
- Associate/Full Professor of Managerial Studies, University of Illinois at Chicago (1991 – present).
- Associate Dean of UIC Business Doctoral Programs (2015-present) and Coordinator of the OB/HR Doctoral Program, (1991-present).
- Visiting Professor, Chinese University of Hong Kong (July: 2005-2013; June: 2015-2017).
- Visiting Professor, University of Toulouse, France (April or May: 2006-2011, 2013, 2016).
- Visiting Professor, University of Paris - Dauphine, France (May or June: 2008-2017).
- Visiting Professor, University of Melbourne, Australia (February: 2016).
- Organizational Behavior
- Research Methods
- Interpersonal Processes
- Cross-Cultural Influences
- Social Networks
- Eva, N., Mulyadi, R., Sendjaya, S., van Dierendonck, D., & Liden, R.C. (in press). Servant Leadership: A systematic review and call for future research. Leadership Quarterly.
- Anand, S., Hu, J., Vidyarthi, P., & Liden, R.C. (in press) Leader-member exchange as a linking pin in the idiosyncratic deals – performance relationship in workgroups. Leadership Quarterly.
- Park, H.S., Hoobler, J.M., Wu, J., Liden, R.C., Hu, J., & Wilson, M. (in press). Abusive supervision and employee deviance: A multifoci justice perspective. Journal of Business Ethics.
- Liao, C., Wayne, S.J., Liden, R.C., & Meuser, J. D. (2017). The Divergent Effects of LMX Differentiation on Individual and Group Outcomes: A Multi-level Analysis. Leadership Quarterly, 28: 438-450.
- Liden, R.C., Anand, S., & Vidyarthi, P. (2016). Dyadic relationships. Annual Review of Organizational Psychology and Organizational Behavior, 3, 139-166.
- Zhong, L., Wayne, S.J., & Liden, R. C. (2016). Job engagement, perceived organizational support, high performance human resource practices, and cultural value orientations: A cross-level investigation. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 37, 823-844.
- Meuser, J. D., Gardner, W. L., Dinh, J. E., Hu, J., Liden, R. C., & Lord, R. G. (2016). A network analysis of leadership theory: The infancy of integration. Journal of Management. 42, 1374-1403.
- Liden, R.C., Wayne, S.J., Meuser, J.D., Hu, J., Wu, J., & Liao, C. (2015). Servant leadership: Validation of a short form of the SL-28. Leadership Quarterly, 26, 254-269.
- Hu, J., & Liden, R. C. (2015). Making a difference in the teamwork: Linking team prosocial motivation to team processes and effectiveness. Academy of Management Journal, 58, 1102-1127.
- Liden, R.C., Wayne, S.J., Liao, C., & Meuser, J.D. (2014). Servant leadership and serving culture: Influence on individual and unit performance. Academy of Management Journal, 57, 1434-1452.
- Liden, R.C., Panaccio, A., Meuser, J.D., Hu, J., & Wayne, S.J. (2014). Servant leadership: Antecedents, processes, and outcomes. In Day, D.V. (Ed.) The Oxford Handbook of Leadership and Organizations (pp. 357-379). Oxford, England: Oxford University Press.
2018, Decennial Article Influence Award, Most influential Paper Published during 2008, Leadership Quarterly
2017, Best Paper Award, Journal of Management
2016-17, University Scholar, University of Illinois
2015, Eminent Leadership Scholar Award , Network of Leadership Scholars of the Academy of Management
Postdoctoral Research, University of Washington, 1980-81
PhD in Organizational Behavior, University of Cincinnati, 1981
MBA, University of Cincinnati, 1980
MA in Labor and Industrial Relations, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, 1977
BA in Psychology, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, 1975