Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Marketing
Building & Room:
University Hall 2214
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607
Hello! Thank you for visiting my profile page.
I am a passionate teacher, researcher and career guide for my students.
I strongly believe in combining academic and industry knowledge so that you can take definitive steps towards a successful career. Adopts experiential learning methods.
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Marketing at University of Illinois at Chicago, USA.
- Assistant Professor of Marketing at University of Illinois at Chicago, USA.
- Instructor at School of Management, Binghamton University, State University of New York, New York, USA
- Advisor for Digital Marketing initiatives
- Program management experience at a global technology and consulting firm (2000-2008)
- Worked with clients globally as US, Canada, Japan, South East Asia and Europe.
- Experience in end-to-end product and target market solutions in domains such as telecommunication & networking, consumer electronics, automotive infotainment and patient monitoring systems.
- Experience in training and mentoring new college recruits for technology/process/leadership workshops.
- Digital & Social Media Marketing
- Market & Business Intelligence
- Marketing Analytics
- International Marketing
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Channels & E-commerce
- Product Management
Digital and Social Media Marketing (Emojis, Influencer marketing, Co-Design, Crowdfunding), Product Design Innovation and Consumer Interaction, Experiential Interactions, Digital Healthcare Innovation, Digital Innovations in Marketing Education and Social Innovation enterprises.
Ibrahim, Sajna and Michael Obal (2019). “Investigating The Impact of Radical Technology Adoption Into The New Product Development Process.” International Journal of Innovation Management (2019): 2050035.
Ibrahim, Sajna (2018). “Convergence of Technology with Marketing Education – a Digital Marketing & BI application.” Marketing Management Association Fall 2018 Educators’ Conference Proceedings, ISSN 2325-3509 (Print), ISSN 2325-3533 (Online).
Obal, Michael and Ibrahim, Sajna (2016). “How Does Disruptive Technology Adoption and Integration Impact NPD Performance?,” Marketing Management Association Fall 2016 Educators’ Conference Proceedings, ISSN 2325-3509 (Print), ISSN 2325-3533 (Online).
Obal, Michael and Ibrahim,Sajna (2016), “An Investigation on the Role of Disruptive Technology Adoption on New Product Market Performance and Launch Timeliness.” In: Obal M., Krey N., Bushardt C. (eds) Let’s Get Engaged! Crossing the Threshold of Marketing’s Engagement Era. Developments in Marketing Science: Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Science. Springer, Cham, 523.
Gupta, Vishal K., Ibrahim, Sajna, Guo, Grace and Markin, Erik (2016) “Entrepreneurship Research in Management and Organizational Studies: A Contribution-Based Assessment of the Literature,” New England Journal of Entrepreneurship: Vol. 19 : No. 1 , Article 6.
Agarwal, Manoj K., Hedge, Alan and Ibrahim, Sajna (2012). “Will they buy my product – Effect of UID and Brand.” In Book Advances in Affective and Pleasurable Design, in the Series “Advances in Human Factors and Ergonomics Series,” July 09, 2012, Edited by Yong Gu Ji, CRC Press Taylor and Francis Group. ISBN : 9781439871188.
Chatterji, Manas, Ibrahim, Sajna and Atav, Gizem (2012). “Potential Contribution of Management Science to Peace Science: The Case of Peace Marketing.” In Book Liber Amicorum, Hommage en l’honneur du Professeur Jacques Fontanel, Published by L’Harmattan, 2013.
Misra, J.K., Nanduri, L.P., Mathew, A., Patil, R., Chhibba, A., Ibrahim, S. “BDU – A complexity measure for a board design project.”, 2008. International Engineering Consortium – DesignCon 2008, pp. 1657-1671.
Faculty Mentor for UIC Business Scholar Program, UIC Business
Faculty Fellow at UIC Honors College, University of Illinois at Chicago
Committee Lead for “Marketing Curriculum Design”, Digital Marketing Concentration at UIC
2019, Dean's Letter of Recognition for Contribution to Teaching, University of Illinois at Chicago
2016, 2018, Faculty Fellow, DMA Professor's Institute
2012, Fellow, AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium
2012, Promising Graduate Research, Binghamton Research Magazine
PhD, Marketing (2014). Binghamton University, State University of New York, New York, USA.
Masters in Business Administration (2005). (Specialization in International Marketing). Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies.
Bachelor of Technology, Electronics & Communication Engineering (1999). University of Kerala.
Licensures and Certifications
- Trained in Leading Digital/Social Media Skills and Marketing platforms.
- Trained in Leading Business Intelligence Platforms.
- Certificate on Harvard Business Case Teaching Methodology.
- American Marketing Association (Chicago Chapter/ Innovation TechSig)
- Marketing Management Association
- Marketing EDGE Professors’ Academy
- Ibrahim, Sajna (2019). “The AHA Moment ̶ Insight Creation from Data” at FSI Conference -At the Intersection of Teaching, Learning and Technology, 2019.
- Ibrahim, Sajna (2018). “Hi, Is it going to rain today?” - An Interaction perspective of Consumer Engagement in Digital Innovations. - Decision Science Institute Conference, November 2018, Chicago.
- Ibrahim, Sajna (2018). Convergence of Technology with Marketing Education - a Digital Marketing & BI application”- Marketing Management Association Fall 2018 Educators’ Conference, September 2018, Kansas City.
- Ibrahim, Sajna (2018). Panel member on discussion on “Transition from Industry to Academia”. Marketing Management Association Fall 2018 Educators’ Conference, September 2018, Kansas City.
- Ibrahim, Sajna (2018). – Session Chair Introduction on “Field of research on digital innovation”- Challenges and Opportunities”, Summer American Marketing Association Conference, August 2018, Boston, USA.
- Obal, Michael W and Ibrahim, Sajna (2016). “How Does Disruptive Technology Adoption and Integration Impact NPD Performance?”, Presented at Annual Marketing Management Association Fall Educators’ Conference, September 2016, Providence, Rhode Island, US.
- Obal, Michael W and Ibrahim, Sajna (2014). “How Does Product Adoption Impact NPD Performance? An Investigation on the Role of Disruptive Technology Adoption on the NPD Process”. Presented at 2014 Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference at Indianapolis, US.
- Agarwal, Manoj K., Hedge, Alan and Ibrahim, Sajna (2012). “Will they buy my product - Effect of UID and Brand”. Presented at 4th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics jointly with 1st International conference on Affective and Pleasurable Design, SanFrancisco, California.
- Chatterjee, Subimal and Ibrahim, Sajna (2012). “Your feelings matter” – Effect of Surrogate Emotions on Preference for Product Designs". Presented at 2012 Annual PDMA Research Forum, Orlando, Florida.
- Chatterji, Manas, Ibrahim, Sajna and Atav, Gizem (2012). “Peace Marketing: Application of Management Science to Peace Science.” Presented at Jan Tinbergen European Peace Science Conference, Berlin, Germany.
- Gupta, Vishal.K. and Ibrahim, Sajna (2011). “Entrepreneurship research in management and organization studies: A contribution-based assessment of the literature.” Presented at Eastern Academy of Management Conference, Boston, MA.
- Chatterji, Manas, Chatterjee, Subimal, Jayatilaka, Bandula and Ibrahim, Sajna (2011). “Peace Marketing: Some Theoretical and Regulatory Perspectives.” Presented at Eurasian Peace Science Conference, Koc University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Chibba, Amit, Ibrahim, Sajna, Mathew, Anand, Misra, Jitender K., Nanduri, Lakshmi P. and Patil, Rajsekhar S. (2008). “BDU — A Complexity Measure for a Board Design Project.” Presented at Design Con International Conference, organized by International Engineering Consortium at Santa Clara, California, USA.
- “Online Learning For Business Analytics – A New Reality or Disruption”, -Webinar for Additional Skill Acquisition Program (ASAP) for Government of Kerala, India, May 7, 2020.
- Panel member in Faculty Panel for Advising First-year students in the ‘CEO Network: Cultivating Educational Opportunities through Diversity’, 2020.
- “New Trends in Digital and Social Media Marketing Workshop” – at Liautaud Graduate School of Business, University of Illinois at Chicago for Visiting International Student Exchange group from Middlesex University, Dubai, 2020.
- “Digital Marketing for Social Enterprises” – workshop at UIC Business Liautaud Graduate School, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, USA (2019).
- Panel member at the Career Panel & Networking session, University of Illinois Chicago chapter of American Marketing Association (2018).
- “Digital and Social Media Marketing Workshop” –workshop at Liautaud Graduate School of Business, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, USA. (2018).
- “Designing Effective Digital and Social media marketing strategies and New Global Trends” – Workshop conducted at School of Business Management and Legal Studies, University of Kerala, India. (2018).
- “Driving Innovation in Digital Age- The 'SHE' Factor” – As Resource Expert for the Refresher Course on 'Higher Education and Women Managers' at UGC HRDC, University of Kerala, India. (2018)