Department of Information and Decision Sciences
Building & Room:
601 S. Morgan St.
I work on developing new machine learning and optimization methods in applications that interface with people, such as retail, transportation and healthcare. My current and prior work experiences include the University of Illinois at Chicago, Xerox Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Citadel Investments, Apple, State Street Global Advisors, and Texas Instruments. Some of my past research includes:
- supervised learning in the presence of operational information,
- solving transportation problems such as scheduling and enabling fair ride-shares,
- optimizing recommendations assuming realistic user behavior models,
- product pricing and learning in economic and competitive settings, and
- designing online and reinforcement learning methods.
UIC Chancellors Innovation Fund Phase I (2019), "Hardware Accelerators for Bayesian Deep Learning", co-PI
PhD in EECS from MIT