Clinical Associate Professor
Department of Information and Decision Sciences
Building & Room:
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607
- 8/2022-present, Director of Undergraduate Studies, Information and Decision Sciences, UIC
- 8/2022-present, Cohort Faculty Mentor for Information and Decision Sciences, UIC
- 8/2021-present, Clinical Associate Professor of Information and Decision Sciences, UIC
- 2/2020-present, Faculty Fellow, Honors College, UIC
- 2020, 2022, NSF Reviewer
- 1/2019-present, Faculty Evaluator, on-call, American Council on Education (ACE)
- 8/2012-8/2021, Clinical Assistant Professor of Information and Decision Sciences, UIC
- 8/2015-10/2019, Director of Undergraduate Studies, Department of IDS, UIC
- 6/2006-2/2012, Research Analyst, Nielsen Inc.
- 1/2001-6/2003, Operations Research Software Engineer, Transportation Dynamics Inc.
- 9/1998-12/2000, Part-Time Lecturer, Rutgers University
- 9/1991-6/1993, Instructor, YILDIZ Technical University
Research interests span a wide range in education, healthcare, technology, supply chain and operations management such as business operations for environmental sustainability, technological advancements in supply chains, humanitarian logistics, models in inventory management, demand forecasting, technology in the classroom to increasing student engagement and improving learning outcomes.
- IDS 270 Business Stats I
- IDS 331 Business Analysis Using Spreadsheets
- IDS 355 Operations Management
- IDS 420 Business Models Simulation
- IDS 450 Supply Chain Planning and Logistics
- IDS 454 Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- IDS 462 Statistical Software for Business Applications
- IDS 532 Introduction to Operations Management
- IDS 552 Supply Chain Management
- IDS 571 Statistical Quality Control and Assurance
- HON 201 Implications of Technological Advances in Business and Operations
- HON 201 Business Operations, the Environment, and a Sustainable Future
J.J. Cabrera and U. Ozdogru (2020). “Supply Chain Education: skills, trends and millennials learning preferences,” 7th International Conference on Educational Innovation (CIIE), “Designing the Future of Education,” Tecnológico de Monterrey, December 14-18/2020, 167-175
U. Ozdogru, T. Altiok (2012). “Decomposition of Continuous Material Flow Systems: Analysis of Marine Ports Handling Bulk Materials,” Annals of Operations Research, ISSN 0254-5330, DOI 10.1007/s10479-012-12017, Volume 231, 79-104, 2012.
Ozdogru, Unsal. “Impact of Exponential Technologies on Global Supply Chain Management.” In A.M. Pagano and M. Liotine (eds.) Technology in Supply Chain Management and Logistics: Current Practice and Future Applications, Elsevier, ISBN 978-0-12-815956-9, 2019, pp. 37-55.
Ozdogru, Unsal and Altiok, Tayfur. “Analysis of Two-Valve Fluid Flow Systems with General Repair Times. In S. B. Gershwin et. al (eds.) Analysis and Modeling of Manufacturing Systems, International Series in Operations Research and Management Science (ISOR) Book Series (Volume 60), ISSN 0884-8289, DOI 10.1007/978-1-4615-1019-2_11, Springer, 2003, pp. 255-288
Service to Community
- Faculty Judge, Impact and Research Day, Student Research Forum, UIC
Director of Undergraduate Studies, IDS, University of Illinois at Chicago (8/2015-10/2019)
2021-2022, Teaching Sustainability Fellow, Teaching Sustainability Initiative (TSI) Program, The Office of Planning, Sustainability, and Project Management (PSPM), UIC
2020-2021, Chancellor's Undergraduate Research Award, The Office of Undergraduate Research, Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Affairs and Academic Programs
2018-2021, FSI Scholarship, The Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, UIC
8/2016, Faculty Scholarship, Retail’s Academic Symposium, National Retail Federation Foundation
2016-2018, Silver Circle Award Nominee, University of Illinois at Chicago
2015-2016, Honoring Our Professors in Excellence (HOPE) Recipient, University of Illinois at Chicago
1998-1999, DIMACS Fellowship, Rutgers- The State University of New Jersey
1993-1997, Graduate Educational Fellowship, High Educational Council and YILDIZ Technical University
2000, PhD Operations Research (RUTCOR), Rutgers University, USA
Thesis: “Performance Analysis of Continuous Material Flow Systems”
2000, MS Industrial & Systems Engineering, Rutgers University, USA
1997, MS Operations Research (RUTCOR), Rutgers University, USA
1991, MS Mathematics, Faculty of Arts & Science, YILDIZ Technical University, TR
1989, BS Mathematics, Faculty of Natural Sciences & Literature, MIMAR SINAN University, TR
Licensures and Certifications
- Master Online Teacher Certification, ION, 8/2021
- Solstice Pod License, 8/2019
- ERPsim Level 1 Instructor Certification, ERPsim Lab, HEC Montreal, 6/2017
- POMS (Colleges: Healthcare Operations Management, Humanitarian Operations and Crisis Management, Product Innovation and Technology Management, Supply Chain Management, Sustainable Operations)
- U. Ozdogru (2020). “Supply Chain Education: skills, trends and millennials learning preferences”, 7th International Conference on Educational Innovation (CIIE), Tecnologico de Monterrey, 12/17/2020.
- U. Ozdogru (2019). “Impact of Exponential Technologies in Global Supply Chains”, INFORMS ALIO International Conference, Cancun, Mexico, 2019.
- U. Ozdogru (2014). “Modeling Public-Private Inventory Management Partnership Policies for Regional Catastrophic Planning”, INFORMS Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, 2014.
- U. Ozdogru and T. Altiok (2005). “Analysis of Continuous Material Flow Systems in Bulk Ports”, International Mediterranean Multiconference, (I3M), Marseilles, France.
- U. Ozdogru (1999). “Modeling Continuous-Flow Manufacturing Systems”, INFORMS Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.