Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Information and Decision Sciences
Building & Room:
601 S. Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Aug 2012-present
- Faculty Evaluator-on-call, American Council on Education, 1/2019-present
- 2020 NSF Reviewer
- Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Research Analyst, The Nielsen Company, Chicago IL
- Operations Research Software Engineer, Transport Dynamics Inc., Princeton NJ
- Part Time Lecturer, Rutgers University, New Brunswick NJ
- Teaching Assistant, YILDIZ Technical University, Istanbul Turkey
Research interests span a wide range in the intersection of analytics, supply chain and operations management: business process improvement, demand forecasting, healthcare, humanitarian logistics, inventory management, supply chain risk, performance of manufacturing systems, technology advancements in supply chains, transportation and network models
- Business Analysis Using Spreadsheets-VBA
- Business Model Simulation
- Calculus for Managers
- Operations Management
- Production & Operations Management
- Statistical Models
- Statistics Quality Control
- Statistical Software for Business - SAS
- Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Planning and Logistics
- 2018-2019 FSI Scholarship, The Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, UIC
- 8/2016 Faculty Scholarship, Retail’s Academic Symposium, National Retail Federation Foundation
- 1998/1999 DIMACS Fellowship, Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey
- 1993-1997 Graduate Educational Fellowship, High Educational Council and YILDIZ Technical University
2019 U. Ozdogru, “Impact of Exponential Technologies on Global Supply Chain Management,” Technology in Supply Chain Management and Logistics: Current Practice and Future Applications, Elsevier, ISBN 978-0-12-815956-9, 37-55, 2019.
2012 U. Ozdogru, T. Altiok, “Decomposition of Continuous Material Flow Systems: Analysis of Marine Ports Handling Bulk Materials,” Annals of Operations Research, ISSN 0254-5330, DOI 10.1007/s10479-012-12017, Volume 231, 79-104, 2012.
2003 U. Ozdogru, T. Altiok, “Analysis of Two-Valve Fluid Flow Systems with General Repair Times,” Analysis and Modeling of Manufacturing Systems, International Series in Operations Research and Management Science, ISSN 0884-8289, DOI 10.1007/978-1-4615-1019-2_11, Volume 60, 255-288, 2003.
Service to Community
- Faculty Judge, Impact and Research Day, Student Research Forum, UIC
Director of Undergraduate Studies, IDS, University of Illinois at Chicago (8/2015-10/2019)
2015-2016, Honoring Our Professors in Excellence (HOPE) Recipient, University of Illinois at Chicago
2016-2018, Silver Circle Award Nominee, University of Illinois at Chicago
2000 PhD Operations Research (RUTCOR), Rutgers University, USA
Thesis: “Performance Analysis of Continuous Material Flow Systems”
Advisor: Tayfur Altiok
Committee: Adi Ben-Israel, Michael Katehakis, András Prékopa, Esra Doğan Şahiner
2000 MS Industrial & Systems Engineering, Rutgers University, USA
1997 MS Operations Research (RUTCOR), Rutgers University, USA
1991 MS Mathematics, Faculty of Arts & Science, YILDIZ Technical University, TR
1989 BS Mathematics, Faculty of Natural Sciences & Literature, MIMAR SINAN University, TR
Licensures and Certifications
- ERPsim Level 1 Instructor, ERPsim Lab, HEC Montreal
- C OOP, Microsoft Inc.
- Programming III: Advanced Techniques & Efficiencies, SAS Inst.
- Macro Lang., SAS Inst.
- Category Management, The Nielsen Inc.
- Project Management, The Nielsen Inc.
- 2019 “Impact of Exponential Technologies in Global Supply Chains”, INFORMS, Cancun, Mexico
- 2014 “Modeling Public-Private Inventory Management Partnership Policies for Regional Catastrophic Planning”, INFORMS, San Francisco, CA
- 2013 “Continuous Material Flow Systems: Analysis of Marine Ports Handling Bulk Material”, UIC, IL
- 2010 “Forecasting Baselines”, The Nielsen Company, Chicago, IL
- 2005 “Analysis of Continuous Material Flow Systems in Bulk Ports”, I3M, Marseilles, France
- 2001 “Performance Analysis of Two-Valve Continuous Material Flow Systems with Two Types of Materials”, Mühendislik ve Doğa Bilimleri Fakültesi, Sabanci Üniversitesi, Tuzla, Istanbul
- 2000 “Analysis of Two-Valve Continuous Material Flow Systems with General Repair Times”, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, New York, NY
- 1999 “An Analytical Approach to Two-Valve Fluid-Flow Systems with Repair Times Phase Type Distributed”, IE Graduate Student Presentation Series, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- 1999 “Modeling Continuous-Flow Manufacturing Systems”, INFORMS, Philadelphia, PA