The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degree Completion Program
The BBA at UIC Business allows you the flexibility and convenience to finish your business degree at a top-ranked, research-based, AACSB-accredited business school. Students can select either online or on campus-based tracks to meet your academic preference.
The Bachelor of Business Administration completion program at UIC Business is dedicated to helping students obtain the degree they want on the schedule they need. Students will:
- Receive a 60-credit hour curriculum covering all aspects of business operations
- Develop critical thinking, problem solving and leadership skills
- Learn to manage data
- Study under renowned research faculty
- Enjoy flexibility in completing your coursework on your own schedule
Curriculum and Program Outcomes
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree completion program offers a challenging variety of courses intended to give you a well-rounded background in all aspects of operating a business. The program helps you develop your critical thinking, problem solving, leadership and other skills that you can put to use on the job today as well as establish a foundation for lifelong learning.
These business courses will help equip you to adapt to the complex and constantly changing business environment, including the globalization of our economy and advances in technology. They will give you a credential that can serve as a launching pad for a variety of business operation and leadership positions, as well as an advanced degree in business if so desired.
The BBA is a cohort program with a prescribed sequence of courses. However, we understand that life events can intervene; our academic advisers will work with you to rearrange the sequence if circumstances do not allow you to participate during a given term or terms. Our courses are eight weeks in length with the exception of BA 300 and BA 495 which are taken concurrently in the last semester for a 16-week period.
For a full list of degree requirements, visit the UIC Catalog.
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree completion program from UIC Business covers the final 60 credit hours required to receive your bachelor’s degree.
You meet the admissions requirements for the BBA degree completion program if you have:
- Completed at least 60 hours of prerequisite post-secondary coursework (see description of prerequisites above)
- Maintained a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (4.0 grading scale) in all post-secondary course work
Please submit the following to support your request for admission:
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all prior post-secondary institutions attended, including prior attendance at any campus of the University of Illinois
Records are considered official if they meet one of the following criteria:
- The issuing institution sends them electronically to the UIC Office of Admissions.
- They are certified as true copies by an official of the educational institution, an embassy official, or an appropriate government official.
- They have been received in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution or from an authorized e-mail address.
We consider an international student to be any student who does not have American citizenship or permanent residency status. In addition to the materials requested above and TOEFL scores, international applicants must also submit:
- List of all subjects/courses studied each year
- Grades or examination results received maximum and minimum grades obtainable
- Certified/attested English translation of all credentials
- Degrees, certificates, diplomas awarded accompanied by leaving results
- Official syllabus in English describing fully all coursework attempted
The above items should be mailed to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions, (MC 018)
University of Illinois at Chicago
1200 West Harrison Street, Suite 1100
Chicago, IL 60607-7161
You’re the Focus
In all areas – instruction and course delivery, academic advising and student support, financial aid, technical support, career advising – we focus on the business of you!
Full Cost Recovery
The BBA online program is a Full Cost Recovery program that is not eligible for tuition waivers by University of Illinois employees.
For more information, please click here.