The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degree Completion Programs
The BBA program at UIC Business allows you the convenience to finish your business degree at a top-ranked, research-based, AACSB-accredited business school. Students can select either online or on-campus based tracks based on preference.
The Bachelor of Business Administration completion program is designed to help students complete a general business degree to meet their academic goals. Students will receive a well-rounded 61-credit hour curriculum covering all aspects of business operations.
Learn More Heading link
Curriculum and Program Outcomes Heading link
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree completion program offers a challenging variety of courses intended to give you a well-rounded background in all aspects of operating a business. The program helps you develop your critical thinking, problem solving, leadership and other skills that you can put to use on the job today as well as establish a foundation for lifelong learning.
These business courses will help equip you to adapt to the complex and constantly changing business environment, including the globalization of our economy and advances in technology. They will give you a credential that can serve as a launching pad for a variety of business operation and leadership positions, as well as an advanced degree in business if so desired.
The BBA is a cohort program with a prescribed sequence of courses. However, we understand that life events can intervene; our academic advisers will work with you to rearrange the sequence if circumstances do not allow you to participate during a given term or terms. Our courses are eight weeks in length with the exception of BA 300 and BA 495 which are taken concurrently in the last semester for a 16-week period.
For a full list of degree requirements, visit the UIC Catalog.
The BBA degree program is ideal for students who have completed at least 60 credit hours towards their bachelor degree. Whether you are completing your degree, advancing your career or changing your profession, this is the place for you. Our BBA students can:
- Get their degree from an AACSB-accredited college
- Learn from world-renowned faculty
- Learn to manage data
- Balance your work/life/education schedule with asynchronous online courses
- In the BBA online track: Take courses that run for 8 weeks at a time on an asynchronous in the fall, spring and summer. Students can work with their academic adviser for support in special circumstances such as work and family commitments.
- In the BBA on-campus track: Add a variety of business or other minors to your degree to distinguish your experience and skills upon graduation.
- Take a challenging variety of courses intended to give you a well-rounded background in all aspects of operating a business, from accounting and finance to marketing and organizational management to information technology and statistics/data analysis
- Develop critical thinking, problem-solving and lifelong leadership skills that help you adapt to the constantly changing business world, from globalization to new technology
- Take advantage of our dedicated Business Career Center focused on connecting you to internships and careers
- More than 250 companies recruit UIC Business students and 52,000 alumni can expand your career network
Admissions Heading link
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree completion program from UIC Business covers the final 60 credit hours required to receive your bachelor’s degree.
An earned Associates of Science or Associates of Arts completed in Illinois fulfills the General Education Requirements per the Illinois Articulation Imitative.
You meet the admissions requirements if you have completed at least 60 hours of post-secondary equivalent coursework in the following two categories and meet GPA requirements:
- Core Requirements*
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Elementary Linear Algebra, Finite Mathematics, Calculus, or Business Calculus
- General Education Requirements
- Analyzing the Natural World
- Exploring World Cultures
- Understanding the Creative Arts
- Understanding the Individual and Society
- Understanding the Past
- Understanding U.S. Society
- Electives (24 hours)
- Maintained a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (4.0 grading scale) in all post-secondary coursework.
Please submit the following to support your request for admission:
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all prior post-secondary institutions attended, including prior attendance at any campus of the University of Illinois
Records are considered official if they meet one of the following criteria:
- The issuing institution sends them electronically to the UIC Office of Admissions.
- They are certified as true copies by an official of the educational institution, an embassy official, or an appropriate government official.
- They have been received in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution or from an authorized e-mail address.
If you’ve studied outside of the US, you may be required to submit additional documentation along with meeting general admission requirements. Applicants with international coursework will be required to submit a syllabus in English for all courses. Please visit the International Requirements page for more information.
More Information Heading link
You’re the Focus
In all areas – instruction and course delivery, academic advising and student support, financial aid, technical support, career advising – we focus on the business of you!
Full Cost Recovery
The BBA online program is a Full Cost Recovery program that is not eligible for tuition waivers by University of Illinois employees.