Master of Science in Marketing
Master your marketing skills in as little as one year.
The UIC Business Liautaud Graduate School Master of Science in Marketing Program provides essential concepts and tools for a career in marketing. The program is ideal for students and young professionals with non-business degrees looking to transition to a marketing position or for business graduates seeking more specialized training in marketing.
Our marketing program offers unique concentrations in Global and Multicultural Marketing and Digital Marketing. Or you can opt for a general MS in Marketing, a flexible option that you can customize to your professional interests.
Learn More Heading link
GMAT/GRE Waivers Heading link
For spring 2023 and fall 2023 applicants, the MS in Marketing program offers GMAT/GRE waivers for the following:
- Current students and graduates of U.S. colleges and universities with a cumulative 3.0+ GPA (all majors)
- Graduates of U.S. colleges and universities with 3+ years of post-bachelor’s professional work experience by the start of the program
- Current students and recent alums of the U of I system who qualify through Guaranteed Admissions
- Graduates of international colleges and universities with 3+ years of post-bachelor’s professional work experience by the start of the program
Please complete the GMAT/GRE waiver request form to find out if you qualify. Please note that competitive GMAT/GRE scores may help your chances of admission and being awarded merit aid.
Info and Careers Heading link
Cutting- Edge Curriculum
This 34-credit hour program can be completed in one year of full-time study, or more than one year of part-time study. Students may be assigned additional prerequisite coursework depending upon their academic and professional background.*
This program is perfect for recent graduates who are looking to gain business knowledge in an exciting and growing area. For those looking to switch careers, this program provides practical skills in a rapidly growing career field.
Our marketing program takes advantage of our research faculty and couples theory with practical application.
Marketing Core Courses
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Research
- Business Intelligence and Technologies in Marketing
In place of a thesis, each student will participate in a capstone course, which involves detailed analysis and problem solving with live cases. Students will work directly with sponsoring organizations and businesses on real marketing projects.
Students choose between two concentrations, Digital Marketing and Global and Multicultural Marketing, to complete their degree.
Students may attend full-time or part-time. Students with basic business prerequisites can complete the program in as little as two semesters of full-time study. Students who have not completed the necessary prerequisites can begin in the summer term prior to starting the program in the fall semester in order to complete the program in 12 months of full-time study. Part-time students may begin any semester.
Careers in Marketing
In this program, you will learn how to:
- Develop integrated marketing strategies and solutions that address market challenges and exploit internal organizational and external market opportunities
- Design, conduct, analyze, and utilize market research to aid managerial decision making
- Create effective marketing tactics by configuring, monitoring and managing elements of the marketing mix
- Plan advertising and promotional campaigns, such as radio, television, print, outdoor, online, SEM
- Monitor and forecast marketing and sales trends
- Measure the ROI of marketing programs and by collecting and analyzing data
- Develop, execute, evaluate and present effective digital and social media marketing campaigns
- Use major tools in digital marketing for paid search ads, search engine optimization (SEO), organic social media, social media ads and mobile marketing strategies
- Tailor messaging and marketing activities to the unique needs of subcultures
- Select and use the right marketing analytic tools to test alternative marketing activities and improve marketing outcomes
- Conduct a brand image/identity research study and analyze the results
Marketing candidates are in high demand. In fact, Marketing Managers and Marketing Research Analysts are listed as two of the “Top 25 Jobs” by U.S. News & World Report. For 2019-2020, 86% of our MS in Marketing graduates were employed within six months with an average starting salary of $67,000.
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Product Marketing Specialist
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Strategist
- Brand Manager
UIC Business Master of Science in Marketing Heading link
Program Faculty Heading link
Featured Courses Heading link
MKTG 572 International Marketing
This course focuses on the marketing of goods and services beyond domestic markets. Learn about distribution, promotion and pricing strategies, socio-cultural differences, and the economic, political and regulatory environments that influence international marketing strategy and decision making.
MKTG 562-563-564 Marketing Research & Analytics
This three-course sequence will show you how to collect and use all types of data (primary and secondary, quantitative and qualitative, analog and digital) to better understand a dynamic marketplace and make effective marketing decisions.
MKTG 567 Digital and Social Media Marketing
Learn how to develop, execute and evaluate effective digital and social media marketing strategies.
Concentrations Heading link
Study and analyze effective marketing tactics by designing, monitoring and managing traditional advertising, social media and digital marketing campaigns.
Digital and Social Media Marketing
Advanced Digital Marketing and Advertising
Global and Multicultural Marketing
Design marketing strategies with an emphasis on incorporating multicultural perspectives into the marketing mix.
International Business Operations
Study Abroad Programs Heading link
Interested in studying outside of the United States? UIC Business offers several opportunities to study abroad.
EM Normandie International Summer School
EM Normandie International Summer School offers students the opportunity to participate in a 2- or 4-week international experience in Paris and Le Havre, France. This program is offered through the EM Normandie Business School, which is one of the oldest business schools in France and a top institution for higher education. Students may take a variety of business courses (including management, marketing, and international business) and engage in business meetings and cultural visits. MSM students can earn 3 or 6 credits for participating in the program.